Interesting stuff Phone

Huge_Vitae

With the proviso that I have attempted and failed to grasp your election system, been watching the discussion on your midterms.

Seems to me the campaign has moved away from what it should be, that is picking a candidate to represent them on local issues, to an extension of the Presidential Campaign that is still being run years after the vote.

Im used to hearing bias in the media but note the switch in this Country to referring to Republicans as Conservatives, whilst appreciating there is a tentative link in calling your two party system, Liberals and Conservatives is this actually done your side of the pond? I wonder how long will pass before ours label Trump aTory, a name I dislike.

Do you see a similarity to the media extending the Presidential campaign and our own media continuing the EU Referendum well after the respective votes.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

It is Trump who has made himself the issue. He goes to rallies in support of a candidate and talks about himself for an hour.

He has stated that he is on the ballot of every Republican candidate.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Its certainly weird.

As in Europe, the real battle is between the nationalists and the globalists.

As in Europe, both the left and the right mainstream national parties are globalists.

As in Europe, the working class are begrudgingly turning to the right because they know the left will screw them on immigration, export their jobs and swamp them with BS political correctness.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Unfortunately they don't turn right enough, a few beatings then hangings of MP's not doing what they promise WILL get them doing it I promise !it surprises me in America (where force is equal on both sides) shootings are not wholesale in the country those killing those that don't follow the same view should be amusing ,lets call it America revolution 2

In this country, the scum at the top have all the guns

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The main problem is there is a lot of political ignorance in America. It wouldn't surprise me if the majority of people couldn't name the members of Trump's cabinet. Then again, neither could Trump because he can't remember who is in prison and who is just awaiting sentence.

It is Trump who has made himself the issue. He goes to rallies in support of a candidate and talks about himself for an hour.

He has stated that he is on the ballot of every Republican candidate.

Chicken, egg Sporty. Is that your opinion from what you have seen and heard or is that your opinion based on what you have been shown?

Playing the devil’s advocate I would have to say that perhaps he was minded to make those statements after the remarks from Democrat sources indicated, within hours of the result that they would use midterm election gains to impeach him.

I would add that it should not be a requirement in any truly democratic system, for a Politician to be prosecuted for breaking the law only in the event of his opponents outnumbering his supporters, but then again you only have to look at Italy!

Surely, just as by-elections are normally won by opposition parties in this Country, historically does the House or Senate follow a similar apathy, in which case it would have been a better ploy to shut up and wait.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Unfortunately they don't turn right enough, a few beatings then hangings of MP's not doing what they promise WILL get them doing it I promise !it surprises me in America (where force is equal on both sides) shootings are not wholesale in the country those killing those that don't follow the same view should be amusing ,lets call it America revolution 2

In this country, the scum at the top have all the guns

Chesters, tut tut!

Not EVERY problem can be solved by shooting, hanging, beheading, garrotting or otherwise popping off Politicians. As a for instance Ive just noticed the overflow on my downstairs loo is dripping.

Edited by Huge_Vitae

Chesters, tut tut!

Not EVERY problem can be solved by shooting, hanging, beheading, garrotting or otherwise popping off Politicians. As a for instance Ive just noticed the overflow on my downstairs loo is dripping.

Off with its head and replace it with one more suited ,experience says its a conspiracy look for a ball cock and beat it or cut it out and put a more compliant one in its place ,one that will obey its owner! Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Huge

I hope that they don't attempt to impeach Trump (although I would love to see his tax returns). I would much rather watch him see out his term and then he can be arrested, tried and imprisoned.

I don't get my opinion from "fake news" or left wing media, the man condemns himself every time he opens his mouth and spews a litany of lies. The man is a fraud and a con man

I have followed this election closely and I sincerely hope that the Democrats win in sufficient numbers to take control of the house at the very least. From close observation over the past few years you would have to say that US politics are about as corrupt as you can get, so I am not holding my breath. As an example, look at the state of Georgia, where one of the candidates is also the man in charge of the election. The same man who attempted to deny the vote to 50,000 voters because they came from an ethnic background that was most likely to vote for his opponent. Needless to say, he is a Republican.

Edited by Sportsman

All,

Hugh, For the most part I have addressed your initial post.

Norway, Iceland, Sweden, New Zealand, Denmark, Ireland, Australia, Canada, and so on down to #22 for the United States as a democratic representative republic.

We no longer rely on politics as a matter of policy. but something more fundamental — the very idea that impartial rules and fair play are central to democratic governance is out the window in favor of "whatever it takes".

For 100% sure you have hit the nail on the head as a continuation of Donald Trump. Yes, 2020 will be a one man show and his minions. (perhaps you can tell I am disgusted with events.)

Traditionally, the US has been a “less than conservative” governance that has basically relied on a political and moral philosophy based on liberty and equality. No longer, Trump will slit your bag and run your leg through it. (both domestic and international.)

Fear is in the air, and fear is surging. Americans are more afraid today than they have been since the King ruled the colonies. Trump is a master of fear, invoking it in concrete and abstract ways, summoning and validating it. And if Trump stands a chance to win in this mid-term election, fear could be the key.

I mostly blame a citizenry that is politically totally ignorant potential voters (that is, the 30% that will bother to vote). “Government” (international, national or local) is no longer taught in our public schools and “history” only recounts our international successes.

We have, for the most part, lost contact other than reading our own press reviews. By that I mean, the outside 2% both left and right are getting 75 – 90% of the press.

Today's report: Trump has told 6500 confirmed lies. People who support him love it. "Stick it to honest government, it's doesn't work is the attitude". Benevolence is will no longer be our hallmark.

Phone

• Like 2