Interesting stuff Phone

Huge_Vitae

All,

Ken, you say, "As in Europe, the working class are begrudgingly turning to the right because they know the left will screw them on immigration, export their jobs and swamp them with BS political correctness."

For the most part you are correct. I cannot speak for Europe but you are leaving out an important element when it comes to American Politics. Our right has found it most convenient to simply lie. For example, "we will return jobs to America, pay higher wages and reduce profits by whatever amount it takes. Because of this "fear" we now can invoke anxiety. "Make America Great Again" was intended to tell "stupid people" something was seriously wrong with America. Something that required a "saviour" from impending doom.

Phone

​The very definition of "liberal politics" make them horrible liars.

• Like 1

Chesters1,

While there are in private ownership 375 million guns and more than 3 trillion rounds of ammo I don't expect much more than the ordinary 300 - 400 killings a day.

What I don't know is whether that statement is disgusting or repugnant.

Phone

• Like 1

So if the Donald implements a series of policies that make cheaply manufacturing in china less attractive than manufacturing in the US due to tariffs and succeeds in bringing unemployment down to its lowest level in 40 years, where is the lie?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

From close observation over the past few years you would have to say that US politics are about as corrupt as you can get, so I am not holding my breath. As an example, look at the state of Georgia, where one of the candidates is also the man in charge of the election. The same man who attempted to deny the vote to 50,000 voters because they came from an ethnic background that was most likely to vote for his opponent. Needless to say, he is a Republican.

I would agree in the most with the proviso that ours ain’t that far behind!

Watching Bolton today one of the guest commentators started off with a claim about Georgia and voters being removed. I have to admit to being surprised when he cut her short with the words “There is no evidence to support or deny that claim!” I say surprised because I never hear him cut anybody short when he is here, must have had a different lawyer whispering in his ear piece because of one thing you can be sure, lots of Countries have corrupt Politicians but in every single one the Politicians are corrupt lawyers and the rest of the lawyers haven’t got voted in YET.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

All,

Hugh, For the most part I have addressed your initial post.

Norway, Iceland, Sweden, New Zealand, Denmark, Ireland, Australia, Canada, and so on down to #22 for the United States as a democratic representative republic.

We no longer rely on politics as a matter of policy. but something more fundamental — the very idea that impartial rules and fair play are central to democratic governance is out the window in favor of "whatever it takes".

For 100% sure you have hit the nail on the head as a continuation of Donald Trump. Yes, 2020 will be a one man show and his minions. (perhaps you can tell I am disgusted with events.)

Traditionally, the US has been a “less than conservative” governance that has basically relied on a political and moral philosophy based on liberty and equality. No longer, Trump will slit your bag and run your leg through it. (both domestic and international.)

Fear is in the air, and fear is surging. Americans are more afraid today than they have been since the King ruled the colonies. Trump is a master of fear, invoking it in concrete and abstract ways, summoning and validating it. And if Trump stands a chance to win in this mid-term election, fear could be the key.

I mostly blame a citizenry that is politically totally ignorant potential voters (that is, the 30% that will bother to vote). “Government” (international, national or local) is no longer taught in our public schools and “history” only recounts our international successes.

We have, for the most part, lost contact other than reading our own press reviews. By that I mean, the outside 2% both left and right are getting 75 – 90% of the press.

Today's report: Trump has told 6500 confirmed lies. People who support him love it. "Stick it to honest government, it's doesn't work is the attitude". Benevolence is will no longer be our hallmark.

Phone

But it had to change Phone, sometimes it needs a plague to clear out the dross. You needed to move away from the Political Dynasties, people were sick to death of it, the Kennedys and the Clintons by example, Obama was supposed to be the change but in actual fact he did little but provide the ammunition for Trump to use, irrespective of wether or not that information was true is irrelevant to most.

IMHO the battle has been between Trump and the Media, the opposition have done little to oppose. To constantly flood the media with Rich, Self opinionated film stars and the like has done him little damage.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Well, that’s enough for me tonight, been listening with interest to Helmut Norpoth on Sky, the guy is very accurate which makes a change but he has just commented that the election is going exactly how a midterm should, so probably best if there was not a huge turnout and it could all be counted and finished by now.

Leader of the Dems in HOR has just made a statement that just about sums it all up.

Gerrymandering works both ways:

Maryland's 3rd district and Florida's 5th being cases in point.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Chesters1,

While there are in private ownership 375 million guns and more than 3 trillion rounds of ammo I don't expect much more than the ordinary 300 - 400 killings a day.

What I don't know is whether that statement is disgusting or repugnant.

Phone

Perhaps both but the american civil war tended to concentrate the minds of those in power to things under their noses rather than continue political shennanigans .

I dont know why the south stomachs being ruled by the north they appear to be on different wavelengths.

We had one and put a king back on the throne after killing thousands for nothing ,you never even had that excuse.

The ONLY way to get things done is fear with a lot of pain ,your leaders have been doing it since 1865 both in your country and elswhere isnt it time you got even ?

You have to power to get rid of those refusing to do the peoples will all we can do is throw sticks

Unfortunately now we are 'civilised' it means only the top ranks get the power to use the the final solution it should be used by all

If someone lies or fails to do a job beat them if they continually do it kill them they wont change!

I have never voted in people to have more power than me (its bad enough hundreds of thousands have power over me and never have been voted in!) So i try to ignore their rules as much as possible.i would happily pull a lever and watch them all dangle and hopefully struggle for hours i hate them they are scum

Americans must be idiots trump (and every other president)is playing them like fiddles ,come back to the Motherland Mr Bush ours dont have the balls to upset anyone even people that we have been trying to keep out of our business for a 1000 years!But bring your guns only those in power have them here because we have been 'civilised' to buggery!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

So I suppose now we will have to listen to Trump for two years, whining and crying that the wicked Democrats are stopping him from Making America Great Again.

I hope that the Democratic house does not spend too much time and effort trying to impeach him. This will just end in Trump whining that he is being persecuted (an no-one crys about that like Donny) and this could incentivise his base even more to re-elect him in 2020.

If that happened God help us all.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/