In case anyone is interested.

gozzer

All,

What a wonderful winter topic for a fishing forum

Phone

It's summer, ya drongo! :lol:

Well, for half the world...Canberra, the capital of Australia just had 4 consecutive days over 40 C.

We have a a few closed days for certain species, notably the barramundi, but we are still allowed to fish for other species. No lakes, or dams are closed at all, that I am aware of, due to a 'put and take' system.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

All,

bobj

Since I am not one of "them" I thought a closed season was for the benefit of the not so native - native carp. At least that's what I was told in the 1970's toward the beginning of "carp puddles" in the UK. The idea of a closed season to benefit carp is about the most ridiculous idea the Brits have had since giving carp names. Anthropomorphizing sporting critters - especially fish - ranks right up there with the flat earth theory. Whilst there may be room for(?) some species specific exceptions carp are certainly not one of them. And I am an authority on carp

Phone

All,

bobj

Since I am not one of "them" I thought a closed season was for the benefit of the not so native - native carp. At least that's what I was told in the 1970's toward the beginning of "carp puddles" in the UK. The idea of a closed season to benefit carp is about the most ridiculous idea the Brits have had since giving carp names. Anthropomorphizing sporting critters - especially fish - ranks right up there with the flat earth theory. Whilst there may be room for(?) some species specific exceptions carp are certainly not one of them. And I am an authority on carp

Phone

Love it!!

Many years ago, Brisbane fishos held annual fishing comps in the Albert River to eradicate the crap. They got 4 tonnes one year, all proceeds went to the Charlie Carp fertiliser factory and the management donated native fingerlings to the fishing clubs. Sadly though, insurance costs soared, making it impossible to hold more comps.

Maybe a thought?

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

bobj,

Since we seem to have the entire AN site to ourselves - other than BREXIT - perhaps you could import this to OZ

Peoria Carp Hunters - Bowfishing Fun!

Jumping-Asian-Carp.jpg

A group of 12 gauge enthusiasts might be a bit more “productive”, don’t you think? Bow hunters in Australia are mainly interested in piggy wigs...

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Leave the poor piggys alone, there are more than enough carp in the world to hunt. All year open season, any method, (in fact those leaping things would provide valuable target practice for the military), rod and line, bows, shot guns, spears, even grenades if they are concentrated enough. Then we should follow the Aussie example, and donate the bodies to the only organisation that is truly trying to save the earth....Charlie Carp.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

All,

WOW Gozzer, that took way longer than I expected. Dynamite caps clear about a 15 - 20 foot circle. Doesn't kill anything but it takes 4 or 5 minutes for them to come back to their senses.

Disclaimer, I am not recommending or condoning - simply informing. However if you have something caustic to say the easiest way is to cut and paste from 2002 forward. Pretty much heard it all.

Phone

All,

WOW Gozzer, that took way longer than I expected. Dynamite caps clear about a 15 - 20 foot circle. Doesn't kill anything but it takes 4 or 5 minutes for them to come back to their senses.

Disclaimer, I am not recommending or condoning - simply informing. However if you have something caustic to say the easiest way is to cut and paste from 2002 forward. Pretty much heard it all.

Phone

I wasn't going to reply phone, but I didn't want to disappoint.

I wasn't aware that I've made any caustic remarks to you. I think you might have got me mixed up with someone else, I didn't join AN until 2006.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John