Everyone on AN no looks like "Cliresa"

Phone

All,

I now have this mental image of every one of yoose guys. I knew it, I just had to have it confirmed

Junk food Britain: Obesity crisis fuelled by the high street as 5,809 takeaways open in just three-and-a-half years, experts warn
  • Quarter of food retailers is now a takeaway, says report by Cambridge University
  • Experts say some places are becoming 'swamped in junk food'
  • A third of children and two-thirds of adults in Britain are now overweight

Phone

All,

I now have this mental image of every one of yoose guys. I knew it, I just had to have it confirmed

Junk food Britain: Obesity crisis fuelled by the high street as 5,809 takeaways open in just three-and-a-half years, experts warn
  • Quarter of food retailers is now a takeaway, says report by Cambridge University
  • Experts say some places are becoming 'swamped in junk food'
  • A third of children and two-thirds of adults in Britain are now overweight

Phone

I've no idea who 'Cliresa' is Phone, I googled it and came up with a Mexican company who provide heating and air con equipment.

As to the rest, it's true. They do say that whatever trend is current in the USA, becomes the norm' in the UK a year or so later. We might all be shooting the **** out of each other before too long. Although some are practicing already.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

If two thirds of brits are "overweight" (based on ?) Then the average moves up which means 1 third is now underweight

I think the recomended ( by who?) Calorie intake is to high ,its probably from a time when people worked 18 hours a day with large hammers not much good when modern man sits behind a computer hitting keys and at home beats little buttons turning the telly to some 'reality' program!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters1,

I was trying to spell that fat guppy carp that died a few years ago.

Here ya go - https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

Everything you say may or may not be true - 100% you're all fat cats.

Phone

Yes but what is the baseline ? Some hardened old guy working 18 hours a day making ships in 1899 or some guy sitting on his lazy boy eating pizza 17 hours a day ? 2000 calories based on .,.?

As to bma try that in fiji where fat is coool lol

Its like the statement people are living longer! Are they or is it they are not dying so young ,in victorian times the death rate in infants was 40% thats now much less so the average is changed

What is "perfect' vision based on? Are we all suffereing wearing specs because someone long ago got his figures wrong ?

Its 50/50 somethings wrong it maybe me!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm fat because I eat too much, drink too much and don't do enough exercise, not because of fast food or takeaways.
I've been in this house for 9 years now and have only had two takeaways in all that time - both were crap.

As for obesity levels, we barely make the top ten.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I'm fat because I eat too much, drink too much and don't do enough exercise, not because of fast food or takeaways.

I've been in this house for 9 years now and have only had two takeaways in all that time - both were crap.

As for obesity levels, we barely make the top ten.

I am fat but i can also say hand on heart have NEVER had a takeaway in my life! I once tried a pizza in 1972 (cooked at home),one bite ensured i never had another ,

The only premade burger i have tried was in a wimpy (eaten within the place so technically not a takeaway) one bite ensured i have never had another ,never been in macdonals etc.

I dont like eating others spittal and dandruff (urine in a case or two going by youtube lol) got no control over canned food who knows the filth going on in canneries!

Trying to master a new breadmaker at the moment ,i blamed the old one ,then i blamed the yeast not working ,new breadmaker ,new yeast excuses gone!

It annoys me people lose weight by giving up crisps or cola ,i dont eat either so cannot give them up

Edited by chesters1

Chesters1,

I was trying to spell that fat guppy carp that died a few years ago.

Here ya go - https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

Everything you say may or may not be true - 100% you're all fat cats.

Phone

Ah, I see phone, but you've got your wires crossed. Clarissa was the carp caught by Dick Walker back in 1952. It wasn't a 'fat guppy carp'

Nothing like this flabby gutted monstrosity

http://anglinglines.blogspot.com/2013/07/big-carp-captures-at-villefond.html

Clarissa was caught at a time when 'carp fishing' was a more sane, and less materialistic pastime.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Ken,

Either Cambridge is wrong or your source makes a distinction between "overweight" and "obese". Cambridge says two-thirds are overweight - your report says one-fourth are obese.

Maybe the difference is 2016 vs 2019

I blame if on the stress caused by BREXIT

Phone

BTW - I'm 14&1/4 stone and 75 inches. (I left college at 8&1/4 stone) yes!! 8&1/4

Edited by Phone