Everyone on AN no looks like "Cliresa"

Phone

Phone, I got down to 26 when I was doing a lot of exercise. Which was still overweight, but I was at 17% bodyfat, which is a perfectly good figure for a bloke my age.

This is definitely because I am extremely muscular, and not because I have peculiarly short legs for my height.

Ahem.

BMI is an oddball. It serves a purpose but ends up looking kinda silly when you realise that pretty much every top flight bodybuilder is considered obese - even when they hare shredded and ready for competition.

When I was training and teaching martial arts, there was a point where I was in the pool, running, in the gym or on the mats for more than 20 hours a week, every week for three years - and still I was officially overweight (by a good margin) the whole time.

Since being forced to stop, my weight has on occasion gone over 120kg and while I've been big and unfit, I've still never had a gut. This makes loosing weight interesting because I see the change in my face and head and have a periodic drop in trouser size but don't really tend to see other changes myself, even as I continue to loose weight.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ken

Your heart knows the difference

Phone

I'm sure that's true - hence the diet.

I no longer have the muscle mass to carry the weight but although my knees may be shot, I still get a minimum of 40 minutes a day exercise commuting to work on a pushbike and a lot more than that if it's a nice day and I use one of half a dozen extended routes.

I need to find something else though to increase my flexibility and fluidity of motion without causing my knees to hyperextend or sublux.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.