40 dead

Andrew

For anyone to be really surprised when something like this happens, then they must have lead a very sheltered and blinkered life.

The act was disgusting, cowardly, and a sad, tragic, and futile waste of lives. The only thing that surprises me is, like many others, the location. New Zealand is not a place where I expect this type of thing to happen, probably why the perpetrators travelled over from Australia.

Maybe it's my inherent cynicism, but I'm never surprised to hear about it. I'm only bewildered how minds can get so sick and twisted as to enable a person to do such a thing to another, and that is regardless of colour, race, or creed.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

All

Jacinda Ardern on Christchurch terrorist attack

Ihave now had the opportunity to be fully briefed with the details of the unprecedented events that took place in Christchurch. It is with extreme sadness I can tell you that 40 people have lost their lives in this act of extreme violence. Ten have died at Linwood Avenue mosque, three outside the mosque. A further 30 were killed at Deans Avenue mosque, and more than 20 are seriously injured, currently at Christchurch A&E.

Phone

So if there is another terrorist attack here and innocent people die which has just occurred in New Zealand would you would then say your not really surprised !!! kids got murdered what crime have they committed those who live by sword die by the sword two wrongs never ever make a right end of the only thing that will follow is more of the same .

No i wouldnt be surprised ,there will be revenge attacks all over the world

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

No i wouldnt be surprised ,there will be revenge attacks all over the world

That is the whole idea though.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

If those kids lived by the sword because of what people the same colour or religion do, I guess that's all of us?

We have killed hundreds and thousands of kids because they are Moslems in Iraq, Afghanistan and more ,us whites or christians are past masters at killing kids for very little reason or no reason at all

I was referring to the religeon rather than individuals but the adults were kids once

Not been in to hear what colour or creed the purps were but i did check if it was an Ahmadiyya mosque which is the wrong sort of moslem to moslems and a viable target to moslems but it isnt so i guess it was non moslems?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

But ordinary Muslims no more live by the sword than you or I.

Bad apples spoil barrels in all religeons but moslems by far kill more moslems and their children outside of conflicts

One was from OZ but not sure of religeous upbringing? Streamed it live cheered on by onlookers including new Zealanders i guess they are fed up with moslems causing trouble getting the headlines

Blimey that useless bit of skin Khan has just told me i have moslem brothers and sisters that didnt come up in my sisters research in the family tree ,perhaps cods right! Lol strange he didnt mention the 2 or 3 million that have died since 11/9 by americas hand mostly moslem and that we actively supported making us just as quilty The sword doesnt have to be a physical one a mental one is just as harmful!

Edited by chesters1

John, they get so sick and twisted when people fill their hearts with hatred.

The sad thing is that the hatred is passed down through the ages, and generations, because of religion, bigotism, ignorance, perceived and real injustice, revenge, intolerance, jealousy, etc. In other words the whole gamut of human frailties.

There will always be lost, isolated, and weak minded individuals that are ripe for indoctrination, and always those that will prey on them.

I don't believe that it will ever end while there are still humans on this planet.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

True. The trouble is that they now have online echo chambers to bounce their hatred back and forth, and people who are only too willing to legitimise their views in public discourse.

https://newsthump.com/2019/03/15/far-right-commentators-keen-to-distance-themselves-from-christchurch-shooter-who-shares-every-single-one-of-their-beliefs