Krill groundbait

Andrew

An angler has advised me to purchase some Krill groundbait for my forthcoming angling holiday to Belturbet, Eire.

I was wondering if anyone has used this type of groundbait before ? if so, any luck with it. :fishing::fishing:

Ive always used VDE, Sensas magic and lake, but my overall favourite has to be Dynamite Baits Marine Halibut Groundbait.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I've used it Andrew, but as the name suggests, it's a bit one dimensional on flavour. (Krill)

Have a look/scroll down page 2 of the "What a Guy" thread for the one I'm using now (Sonubaits Supercrush Spicy Meaty Method Mix)

Maybe mix this with some Krill Micro's?? (Best of both worlds??)

Can also be used in a cage feeder/balling in.

• Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Thanks mate, will do

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Personally I wouldn't use the stuff. Krill are on the bottom rung of the ladder that converts Phytoplankton, into food stuffs for marine creatures further up the food chain.

It's enough that it's used for medicinal purposes, but for it to be harvested so that anglers can catch a few more fish, doesn't sit right with me.

https://psmag.com/environment/overfishing-krill-in-antarctica

Although safe guards have been set up to try and protect Krill, such as catch limits, we all know how well catch limits can work when money is involved.

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Personally I wouldn't use the stuff. Krill are on the bottom rung of the ladder that converts Phytoplankton, into food stuffs for marine creatures further up the food chain.

It's enough that it's used for medicinal purposes, but for it to be harvested so that anglers can catch a few more fish, doesn't sit right with me.

https://psmag.com/environment/overfishing-krill-in-antarctica

Although safe guards have been set up to try and protect Krill, such as catch limits, we all know how well catch limits can work when money is involved.

John.

Point taken John, and respect your opinion, thank you.

“Vescere bracis meis”

I thought we'd had a similar conversation recently and vaguely recalled by response.
Astonishingly, "recently" turns out to have been nearly 8 years ago!

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I thought we'd had a similar conversation recently and vaguely recalled by response.

Astonishingly, "recently" turns out to have been nearly 8 years ago!

I vaguely remembered it, but 8 years ago?

They say time flies when you're enjoying yourself, it seems it does even when you're not.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Andrew,

To bad you won't be in the EU

"EUfishmeal"

We represent the European fishmeal and fish oil producers in Denmark, Faroe Islands, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Norway and United Kingdom.

Phone

Edited by Phone

Andrew,

To bad you won't be in the EU

"EUfishmeal"

We represent the European fishmeal and fish oil producers in Denmark, Faroe Islands, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Norway and United Kingdom.

Phone

Oh I think we'll be OK but I'm not so sure about the Danes who are driving their fishmeal industry by raping the British portion of the North Sea where they account for 80%of the sandeel catch - and that goes bye bye post Brexit

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.