Do Bass Nursery Areas Benefit Anyone ?

glennk

A less complicated way of looking at BNA's is as follows.

Either they have worked, or they haven't. If they have worked, then leave everything as it is for continued improvement to bass stocks. If they haven't worked, why create more of them?

Of course, neither of those options would provide any work for office based "people",............or funding.

Only time will tell, there will either very small amounts of juvenile bass in line with the BASS report, or all will be well and they will have to retract if they are to be believed in the future, wasn't aware of the eel ban in bna's though :o

However targeting of the annuall breeding stock. One example is the Boue Blondel, after an outcry two winters ago there is a skipper advertising a trip there at the mo, pot calling the kettle springs to mind. At the moment all he is waiting for is the call to arms after they have started to shoal up. Any one else going to make the annuall pilgramige.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However targeting of the annuall breeding stock. One example is the Boue Blondel, .....................

What? Tackle the real problems? You must be mad! You'll be asking for them to stop the winter pair trawl fishery next. And who do you think would benefit from that? Apart from the fish stocks, that is. Oh, and sea anglers. Alright then, and commercial fishermen. Then there's the Dolphins, of course.

Let me rephrase that question. Who, apart from the fish, sea anglers, commercial fishermen and Dolphins, would benefit from tackling the real problems?

Some people are never satisfied. Why try to do something difficult when you can do a nice easy review of bass nursery areas?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

What? Tackle the real problems? You must be mad! You'll be asking for them to stop the winter pair trawl fishery next. And who do you think would benefit from that? Apart from the fish stocks, that is. Oh, and sea anglers. Alright then, and commercial fishermen. Then there's the Dolphins, of course.

Let me rephrase that question. Who, apart from the fish, sea anglers, commercial fishermen and Dolphins, would benefit from tackling the real problems?

Some people are never satisfied. Why try to do something difficult when you can do a nice easy review of bass nursery areas?

Ohhhhhhhh all right then, the overiding factor does appear to be the men in suits and their pensions. B) After a few years of reveiwing they can always move onto something else if it's inconclusive. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Ohhhhhhhh all right then, the overriding factor does appear to be the men in suits and their pensions.

I'm afraid they have better things to do ... and by the way, about half of the men-in-soups are ladies. (Can't understand that, eh?)

There are certain 'standing orders' and 'procedures' which are followed by any organisation from the group of mates in the pub to the echelons of 'power'.

It's a strange thing, but you can 'participate'/'contribute' or vote against or abstain (most of us do this).

Is there a name for that?

Personally I like 'law and order' and I like any moves to preserve or restore certain parts of our environment for the very short time I'm here (I'm thinking of others, see?).

I dig bait in the harbours nearest to me and I like the shoals of small bass waiting for the tide to flow so they can sift through my left-overs.

PS My favourite fish is plaice, closely followed by cod ....

but bass are OK.

bass1312.jpg

Hi HA

Whilst I haven't a clue as to the point your endeavoring to make (closing time post?), I appreciate the pic.

It adds a certain credibility to even the most haphazardly presented suggestion / point of view.

Maybe Leon and Co. would be kind enough to follow suit by attaching a relevant catch shot under each of their posts? For anyone dealing at Governmental level and claiming to represent sea anglers it should be compulsory!

Personally I like 'law and order' and I like any moves to preserve or restore certain parts of our environment for the very short time I'm here (I'm thinking of others, see?).

Law and order designed and implemented to directly and quantifiably benefit stocks (and not just those that administer them), has my seal of approval.

Trouble is, that this is seen by some to be as 'going for the unobtainables'. Much easier to wear the letters off of their keyboards penning ill conceived codes of conduct or reams of proposed rules and restrictions for anglers!

Here we have literally a handful of individuals attempts at trying to regulate and regiment the most wonderfully chaotic of pastimes! As such, they can poke their OCD (desk-bound) version of recreational sea angling and I'll carry on using whatever hook size I feel appropriate, whatever strength mainline I feel necessary, whatever anchor I deem suitable, whatever bait I consider worthwhile...............with a net result of catching fish they will only ever see in the pages of their latest read, which I can then photograph and return (or keep), whichever way I decide!

As a reasonably conscientious, responsible, conservation minded angler I am becoming increasingly bitter toward those that bring each of these widespread attributes into disrepute with their OTT propaganda, scaremongering and meddling!

Much is made of the 'angling experience' in their regular correspondence with DEFRA, Government Ministers, MP's. I suggest those that coined the phrase go and get some, preferably before we're all micro-chipped and up to our ears in pointless red tape, bureaucracy..................still awaiting that much promised delivery of more and bigger fish.

I'll see your dusty old scan of a dead 'double' (ironic, considering the nature of this topic)

11lb.JPG

and raise you a digital, live 9-8 Mullet.

WayneMullet9lb-8oz.jpg

PS. The two finger pose is my trademark and not aimed at anyone in particular.

Edited by Sharkbyte

Hi HA

Whilst I haven't a clue as to the point your endeavoring to make (closing time post?), I appreciate the pic.

Maybe Leon and Co. would be kind enough to follow suit by attaching a relevant catch shot under each of their posts? For anyone dealing at Governmental level and claiming to represent sea anglers it should be compulsory!

I'll see your dusty old scan of a dead 'double' (ironic, considering the nature of this topic) and raise you a digital, live 9-8 Mullet.

WayneMullet9lb-8oz.jpg

I'll raise you with this one, unfortunatly it had a pennel down it's guts so i will have to eat it for me tea tonight and also lunch tommorow. I know what one i prefer to have and to hold. :D

Norm recons it's a dab on the sea angling section so im bringing it on here for a second opinion. B)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s126/barrylux/005.jpg

Hi Barry

Norm's talking out of his backside, that's no Dab.

Nice fish anyway and seeing as it's above the qualifying size for a Sole.....you'll get a seat at the table.

Bon Appetit :D

Leon, whilst your here, any chance you can answer the question being discussed?

Maybe you can let me know (as a sea angler and a member of the SACN) how you have responded on my behalf to the DEFRA questionnaire.

I've had a couple of bigger ones

Sorry Leon. Without photographic proof, no can do. Besides, HA's got your seat now.

Edited by Sharkbyte