Skate Fishing

Norrie

Hi Fisho, I had a look at your report and although I didn't understand a lot of it, the pictures told the tale. Well done , I am glad you had a good day with Ronnie. :D

Cheers.

Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hej

I'm just bringing this legendary topic to the top again.

It will make a good reading this summer.

We could even send it to Isac Walton and ask him to have it in the next edition of The Complete Angler LOL.

cheers / Fisho

Hi Fisho, Well, I eventually got my Skate, a female of 144lbs,an untagged fish too, Alan got one of 173lbs, a new personal best for him,hopefully another trip in October. :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Norrie:

hopefully another trip in October. :D

erm.. you dont need to wait that long Norrie :)

btw... new engine mounts fitted, stern gear re fitted but we ran out of time. We still got a leak coming through on the port side. We couldnt clamp the bolts tight enough till the concrete sets properly. So my dad is going back up on Tuesday to fix the problem :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Davy Holt:

Hiya,

quote:

Originally posted by Alan Taylor:

It sounds like fun and am looking forward to reading all about it. Shame its too far for me to travel with all the expense involved. :(

Alan(nl)

Erm Alan there is space on my boat most weekends, as it is run a private boat I dont charge.. so you can get a full weekends fishing for sod all, providing you can get to either Glasgow, then drive up with me or get direct to Lochaline.

same goes for anyone else that wants to do some tagging.

:):) [/QB]

Davy,

I would love to do a feature for both AN and WSF on the Skate and the tagging system etc, as well as the care and so on once they are onboard, I have heard that once they turn purpleish they are in distress (most pictures are like this in Sea Angler)

Chris

Hiya,

quote:

Originally posted by wirral sea fishing:

I would love to do a feature for both AN and WSF on the Skate and the tagging system etc, as well as the care and so on once they are onboard, I have heard that once they turn purpleish they are in distress (most pictures are like this in Sea Angler)

Chris [/QB]

Unfortunately at the moment I dont have any more spare time left for new trips this side of the new year. As Alan says there is already a very good article on Anglers Net and I know of two others in the pipeline. I dont want to get into the position of the media being flooded with articles on skate fishing from my boat and then running the risk of people losing interest in the tagging because it's in everything they read

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"