Mullet watch 2005

Guest sslatter

Hi chaps ( and chapesses ) Found nyself with a couple of hours to spare today and while visiting the sea forum found the urge to try sun pier at strood for the mullet. Hit the pier in bright sunlight around three hours after high tide and was surprised to see only one small group on the end attempting to tackle up, After sorting their reel out I opted to fish between the pontoons with a spinning ros matched to a centrepin carrying 5lb line fished flake under a light waggler around 30" deep: didnt have a bite!but for the more accomplished among you there was a fair size shoal of the buggers I estimate at around 4-5lb scraping along the side of the last pontoon, so close I could have plucked them out, they seemed to be preoccupied with scraping the mud off: I am now well and truly hooked and the chub and pike are going to take a back seat until I trap one!!!

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic