blanking

tack4

at least you are telling the truth .i did 70+ hrs on the chesil fishing with whole mackerel and half mackerels before i caught a very large bass which i put back.perhaps you are contaminating the bait.

[ 13. December 2004, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: hembo ]

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tack 4,

As you can see your not alone mate, I to have blanked on my last 3 outings, but hey thats fishing for you I suppose, and thats why my signature says what it does. :D .

Oh and one final thing, M.P and Diabolos, there are plenty of threads regarding the whole commercial fishing issue on the forum, stop hijacking light hearted threads, I and i'm sure everyone else understands the situation but to be perfectly honest i'm sick of hearing about it and its getting right on my t@ts.

Thankyou

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Guest sslatter

Started fishing for mullet this year in March, and approximately 60 hours of fishing later (about 15 sessions), I had my first bite- a six inch Bass.

Maybe that's the definition of a true angler: one who knows how to blank? I certainly do. :D

Graham,

I'm thinking of writing a book, I consider myself a bit of an expert now when it comes to blanking.

"How to blank the Scotty way"

Maybe some of the guys could do a chapter.

:P:D

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

does catching big lumps of seaweed count as a catch cause im real good at that

found a 1up 1down clipped rig with weight snaplink and about 30ft of shockleader in one big clump took ages to untangle but as iwasn't catching it whiled away an otherwise poor session

chapter 4

the art of seaweed catching

find a ............... :D

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

What size hooks are you using?

I often use size 2 or 4 on a three hook paternoster with say half a rag worm as bait.

If I need more range then I will use a clipped down wishbone rig with the same size hooks.

Small strips of squid are good when the crabs are about.

Try and spot fish holding features eg rocks, the side of banks etc and fish up close alongside them, you will lose gear but fish will come out.

[ 13. December 2004, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Socksy Squirrel ]

Scotty T

First off, look up hijacking, and what it infers, in a dictionary. Second, ... edit note: personal attack removed and I'll be taking most of the remaining trash out of what was a pretty good thread.

If some wheat happens to vanish with the chaff, well Oops and bad on me. Newt

[ 13. December 2004, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

In Nomine Satanas