Anglers Net Boat Trips - Electric Blue 2005

jabee

I'll be over for a drink on Friday Eve at The Haven and should be ok for a quickie Sat eve before departing to play with my 'Big Toys' again Sunday.

What gear?

I'll obviously bring my lightish boat rod, feathers & long boom traces but I'm not sure about my 10' pike / bassing / uptider.

What's the story on gear?

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tog

You'll only need a light boat rod. Some feathers, fluro line (I use 15lb) and some treble hooks size 1 or 1/0. No need for booms - generally find a portland rig is most successful. I'll PM some other details re secret weapons - the others already know.

See you Friday.

John

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

We've got some sort of floaty type situation going on tomorrow with Rob. No idea what that is all about. Let you know how it goes when I get back.

Rob phoned to night from the boat I think, they had bass to 9 or so llb.

Graham

BTW. Buying hooks today, I was told to buy the 1/0's, the fella in the shop had been fishing with John Skeggs (Tomkat) using the same rigs and the ones with the smaller hooks were missing the fish.

quote:

BTT

Still a place Bass fishing on Sunday 7th August!

Anyone?

Did you fill this space? I am very interested, but don't have any boat tackle of any description. Please PM me. Ta.

I'm leaving straight from work tomorrow so if anyone needs to get me after tonight phone me on my mobile. For those around tomorrow evening, we'll meet up at the Haven - I hope to be there by 8pm. Otherwise see you all Saturday morning at the marina.

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."