Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro TW 2!!!

SeaDooDavid

On this picture, you can see a white circle, it was on the kayak when it arrived. It seems like a tube which extends inside the hull quite a way (6-8 inches), sort of "test-tube shape, fully moulded and sealed into the yak, into the centre of where the 6" hatch can be fitted!. Anyone know what it is???? You cannot get into it, and like I say, is completely moulded in! Weird!! LOL :):):) Just curious really!

[ 03. April 2005, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: SeaDooDavid ]

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi SDD.

What a pretty looking Kayak, nice one mate. :D

You have done very well there, looks like a far better boat. :)

Like her colours very much.

I like the Scupper Pro too.

If I was unable to sort the hatch problem on the XT, Im sure Id have gone for one too.

Nice strong boat.

The front hatch set up on the new Yak is far better than the other one, much nicer, safer too.

Keep the pics comming, will be nice to see her grow into a fishing machine.

What rigging plans do you have for her?

Do you think you will add a rudder to her later?

will certainly help in wind and choppy waters.

Being a longer boat she may bennifit from one, Id certainly be temted to add one.

yy :)

[ 03. April 2005, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Yakity - Yak ]

Thanks YY! Glad to see your yak is sorted. I was torn between your kayak and a scupper pro actually, and only went for the scupper because I like the tankwell and the idea of a crate setup with rod holders behind me!. I like the colour of yours, it was the same colour as my Carolina that I lost in a fire. I would have that colour as a choice but it was not available!. Not sure about a rudder because I never had one on the Carolina and got on ok without it. I don't go out in very rough conditions here and always managed in crosswinds without. I will get one if needed though (not getting any younger LOL) Hope your hatch works ok, I read about fitting a pipe-lag seal on a hatch that doesn't fit 100% which seems to work!

Let me know how it works out. I liked the rigging of your boat, probably the best setup I have seen. I actually came across this site by typing in "kayak rigging" in Google and following links to pictures, and yours was the best that I liked!!. Then I joined the AN coz all the members sounded friendly and knowledgeable........Glad I did....All the best mate, look forward to posting details of catches soooon!........SDD

Looks good SDD. The hatch set up is much more secure than the US version - and that is the land of the lawyer!

Like YY - awaiting fishing pics with bated breath - so don't suffocate me!

If you all keep this to yourselves and promise not to tell anyone - I am hoping to go fishing this weekend - but things tend to get out and someone finds some work for me to do which puts paid to the best laid plans :( If the wind is kind I hope to try Anglesey coastline - it is a bit early but I heard that someone was catching the odd fish in March. SO FINGERS CROSSED - I'll take an old camera and some film too - get it scanned from the negs. Takes a bit longer, but they'll get there eventually.

Simon.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi Simon,

Hope you manage your trip, and work dosnt catch you up.

The more pics the better, will be nice to see some more.

I think we need to start charging Starvinmarvin for our works of art with a camera :D:D

Have you had any luck selling your boat?

The time is fast approaching when people might get interested.

Have yiou tried asking Miles if he knows of anyone looking or interested?

yy :)

Charging...works of art...don't like the sound of that at all :(

Has anybody else noticed that nearly every kayakfishing site here and in the US has a picture of Yakities Scramber, he's becoming a bit of a celebrity no wonder he's thinking of charging :D

SM

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com