Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro TW 2!!!

SeaDooDavid

Hi all

Gonna try fishing weekend too!!

YY~~~~your pics are famous!, like I said, I typed in "kayak rigging" on a search engine and your pics appeared, which led me to this site!! what a star :)

Simon~~~Anglesey! wow one of my fave places. I have added a pic of my last trip there last summer the pic shows a huge seal who came out to see us as we approached a small island called "the mouse" somewhere North of Anglesey if I remember. The seal pushed my Carolina (the blue / white one (sob :( ) and my mate was bottling it as it started to push his from behind! LOL. He was splashing around and diving under our boats, showing off to his harem!!. He was friendly when he came close to us though, it was fantastic, we even chased a few dolfins but my mate was too slow with the camera and only got pics of splashing sea LOL. Good luck with the fishing, it is great there. I caught a three pound pollock from the rocks at Treadhur bay (spelt summat like that!)so good luck and tight lines Simon!.

Going to try to train the missus to take piccies of return from my outings (will need a wide angle lens for the catch obviously!, or is that macro lens? LOL ) Best regards to you all...SDD

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi SDD,

I can see why you were so upset to loose the Carolina, looks like she was a nice Kayak.

Great story and pics, nice one.

Training the wife with the Camera is a good idea.

Mine has just got the hang of reversing the TRAILER to pic up my catches.

She started with a Camera too, and yep, wide angle lens :D:P

When rigging the trailer.....blah......blah.......blah :D

yy :)

Hi Yakity

Yep it was sad to lose the Carolina :( my mate still has the green one which is rigged similarly and I still feel a bit peed off when I see her (never have a woodpile at the side of any storage buildings is my advice, a spark from a small rubbish fire was all it took and storage building and boat were gone within an hour!) Still the new boat is giving me much to keep me occupied, and to be honest, a sit on top gives me far more flexibility than a SIS could. I tried a little fishing from the SIS but was very tippy when you got a fish (albeit rarely!! LOL) I was amazed how stable the SOT's are and I am hooked for life I think! :):):) I do like the colour of yours though, wish they had it in the scupper when I ordered, but the new one is fine and doesn't clash with all my wetgear LOL :) My mate with the green Carolina has suggested we both get touring caravans so we can go to Scotland and Anglesey for trips without needing B&B's etc and able to go where we please! The missus is up for it so that would open up the kayaking scope even more!!. Can see it now~~~Yak on top of the discovery, caravan following, BBQ blazing with the 2 mackeral we have caught all weekend LOL :):) ......All the best SDD

Sea like a mirror - great forpics but not so good for fishing! I think the mouse is off the north of Anglesey isn't it?

I have friends with a house in Treaddur Bay - I did a story on the sailing club there, and their two classes of one design boat: the Myths, a 14' clinker dinghy and the Seabird, a 1/2 ton day boat - very pretty, very fast and very old! Look like a small Dragon. I know that the Treaddur Bay area is good fishing - mackerel and garfish come right into the bay and bass forage around the reefs. Easy launching and a good beach for the rest of the family too.

Someone has obviously let the cat out of the bag because today a load of work came in for Saturday/Sunday - one of the two days, whichever is the better weather! :confused:

The good thing is that it is on Anglesey :D:D

so I can put the kayak on the roof and go fishing whichever day I amnot working - if you see what I mean. There could be a plaice about on the sand banks opposite Beaumaris. I might catch my first one!

Pray for good weather and that I can figure out how to mount a camera on the fordeck by the weekend!

S.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Simon have a look at RAM Mounts they do a camera/video mount and are availabile in the UK, going to get one for the prowler, their GPS mounts work out very cheap as well.

http://www.ram-mount-uk.com/

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com