Mullet Watch 2004

Chippy

Am probably going down around eight, so any text's with tips as to where appreciated!

Am after plaice (cause I have never caught one) and bass (because I havent caught one in a while), and there are apparently a few down there!

Two may be a bit late for me, but will text you either way.

B.A.S.S. member

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're after plaice Bonne nuit is definately worth a bash, I always see at least one down there.....running ledger with beads and ideally a small spoon on the hooklength....cast (not too far) parallel to the rocks on the righthand side of the bay, or even close in between the rocks and the pierhead (that's where I see the majority of them. Every few minutes give the reel a few turns......

I text you in the morning about the mullet!

I've had a text from an MMG member saying that there are mullet at Gilligham Pier. :-)

Previous years experience says that seeing early mullet and catching feeding mullet are two different things, but mullet have been taken in the later part of April in the Medway.

What seems to happen is that they have occasional feeding spells.

If someone catches one somewhere, then it is probable that someone fishing somewhere else in the area will also catch on the same day, but then they go off the feed for a week or so, especially if the weather deterioates.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Hi guys

SAw about twenty mullet cruising around the boats at Poole quay Thursday night. Also been feeding a spot for about a month in the harbour and the mullet appear soon after bait is introduced for the last week or so.

Will let you know how i get on

Guest sslatter

Well done Chippy! Been away for a day or two in North Devon-followed the river from Barnstaple out to sea, and saw nothing. Up to Thursday here, also nothing- a few small sea trout and bass taken, but no mullet seen. Still no sign of the thousands.