Utter Madness

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

Just received the following in my mail box:

-----

I can confirm the following:

A recent seine haul of grey mullet was made at Sennen (near Landsend) of 11 tonnes. Mainly 3-4lb fish with a smattering of smaller 2-3 & some 5-6 lb fish.

More recently, a 6.5 tonne haul was made from Newquay of smaller fish, mainly 1-1.25lbs, which only made £2 per stone i.e. 17 pence a fish. What would they be worth to the angling industry?

-----

It must be time to put a stop to this sort of ridiculous massacre, surely?

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest RobStubbs

Elton,

Unfortunately that's what happens when the fish stocks in the sea are subject to extreme pressure. The commercial guys will target anything they can. I guess it's small mercy that high cash catches such as bass are even more difficult to come by - at least there's some left for us.

Rob.

Guest waterman1013

Elton

See my post under No F*in Cod. There may be only one way. MAFF won't or can't listen and act without the Council of Ministers, they won't act as long as there are any fish in the sea.

This is not a crime against anglers this is an environmental crime and the perpetrators should be treated as environmental criminals, because that is what they are.

Should we not approach Greenpeace for some direct action and the RSPB under the banner of their sea birds campaign and the French, who I understand have a strong line in attacking fishing vessels in foreign harbours (remember New Zealand).

If anglers don't fight for these stocks - no one else will. Write to your MP and MEP today and help put a stop to this slaughter.

Mike Posted Image