Leslie Moncrieff

dillydangler

hows it going everyone?

i`ve been going through my old fishing tackle and came across my first ever beachcaster.given to me by my dads mate some 20 years ago.it`s a leslie moncrieff double taper.he`d had it a few years before he gave it to me.

if anyone out there knows anything about the rod or moncrieff i`ll be gratefull.

cheers.

Hello, I came across the forum from a google search for Leslie Moncrieffe- it was a name I remembered from my early fishing years. So I joined the forum so I could tell you what I know.

The only thing I can tell you is - I remember seeing a b/w photo taken in the sixties of Leslie Moncrieffe casting into the surf on a beach, and the information that he held the record for beach casting .I don't know if it was a British record or a world record.

Thats all I can tell you, other than I can't explain why I still remember his name

Regards Bob

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Bob. Glad you found us however it happened and information is always welcome.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 1 year later...

Hi All

I have a moncrieff surfcaster rod stiil in use after 34 years. I built it from blanks as a 14 year old. Broomsticks are flexible compared to this.

I have just re-built my father's rod, now identified as a Modern arms reverse taper. This seems like piece of rubber to cast after the moncrieff.

(old threads never die just get longer)

GOOD old threads thankfully never really seem to die.

Welcome to Anglers' Net.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President