Fly fishing

chris parker

Does anyone on here do any fly fishing in the sea? I have toyed with the idea for a while and bought the gear today to try it this season. I cannot get the type of flies I am after, something sandeel size with an epoxy head. Does anyone know of a supplier or is it a DIY project?

Selecta fly do quite a few as do sportfish. Crazy charlie bone fish patterns do Ok for us, but nothing big caught yet.........CC are easy to tie and my missus does ours now. We bought a few to disect initially.

Hiya,

I used to do quite a bit of it years ago with good success Most productive pattern I found was the good old "jack Frost" rainbow pattern. was a doddle to cast compared to some of the modern Lures and a dam site cheaper :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Plus you can go onto the web sites of the companies I suggested and see the said flies in all their glory, which answers the original question.

Hi Chris.

I've fly fished for bass on the Gower coast for a few years now and while the heavily dressed trout lures will work, I find that the sandeel patterns work the best by far. I tie my own, but www.fullingmill.com[email/] have great patterns that I copy and use a 2 coat epoxy resin for the head. With some practice, results can be quite good and are of course a load cheaper too! Nothing quite like catching the fish on something that you've tied yourself.

Regards,

Dan