How is it going in Scrabster?

Socksy Squirrel

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Socksy,

breakfast on at the moment, took a couple of photo's last night of everyone, will post them later, just sorting kit out for going on the boat. very restrained last night, only a few beers and a couple of drams were had, we wanted clear heads tody :D

weather here; temp 6.6c baro pressure 1021.5 so fairly high, WNW wind averaging at 18mph, sea swell about 2m. grey and drizzling.

catch you later folks, have a nice saturday :D:D (pray for me not groundbaiting for everyone)

:( 0947 Just spoken to Norrie and Paula, Oil seal blown on motor, drifting, blowing quite a bit, rolling quite a bit, life boat on the way but the lads are still fishing while waiting for the life boat :)

All is not lost though, Paula said "not to worry, we will probably get in the cars and go beach fishing" :) so spirits are still high (ish).

With an attitude like that I would fish with Paula

any day.

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news but thought you should know :(

Alan

:(

0956 life boat has just arrived.

[ 29. January 2005, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Sounds like the spinners and lures will be out the back of the boat as they get towed in :D

Really sorry to hear about the boat though.

David

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

Hi Alan,

What a Bl**dy shame for them. :(

Glad they are all safe, and help on its way. :)

Still fishing eh, ? :D bless em, beats standing about getting cold.

Your right , Paula has the spirit, get to the beach and carry on.

They will proberbly take some sort of other spirit too Alan :D

Keep us informed .

YY :)

1028 just spoken to Norrie again. What praise he is showering on the life boat crew, the LB came up from astern, passed along one side, line thrown from LB, caught first time, tow hitched up and away. A very professional job, it seems that everyone is going to become life long members of the RNLI :)

They are just approaching the harbour entrance as I type and apart from a few queezy tums all is well with the world.

From what I gather (Norrie would not stop laughing

:D )the plan is mostly for heading for the beach after a warm up or a bit of sight seeing.

Davy has taken some pics so I would imagine Paula will be giving us an update later today.

This is Norrie (front line reporter) and Alan (head of international fishing rescue news)

signing off :cool:

ps there will be interviews with the survivors later today after they get back from beach fishing

Remember you heard it first on http://www.anglersnet.co.uk :D

[ 29. January 2005, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

Breaking news 1051 as I type, all hands are in the pub safe and sound, shaken but not stirred :D

The oil seal will take 20 minutes to repair and then our brave Gladiators of anglers net ARE GOING OUT AGAIN :cool: :)

I must apologise for the lack of information from my reporter but you have to bear in mind that he is half Scotish and his international calls to head office cost him a quid a minute

Alan :)

[ 29. January 2005, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]