How is it going in Scrabster?

Socksy Squirrel

well, ok so i nearly threw up and am chickening out (and Orca says she wasn't far behind) though they are only going out into the bay as they sea is picking up :(

spirits are high amongst the boys, and Les (the skipper) has sorted the problem, it was only due to maritime legislation that we had to call out the life boat or running repairs could have been carried out at sea :D (it was only a blown seal and taking in water) so nothing major :D (he knows his boat).

Linda and I are enjoying warmth and caffeine :D

first catch is by PHT :D

[ 29. January 2005, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: tugmistress ]

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snatchers lures should get amongst the coalies then. Shame about the boat though. I bet the crack is good though. Looking foward to some reports like the rest of you!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Is the wind an increasing to 20 mph westerly? as the BBC says? its a real pitty its not Easterly, or they could of headed over to Dunnet and fished in shelter ... would of been a bit bouncey on way over, but fine once there I'd guess.

Hope they are all having fun and picking up a few fish and not feeding the fish to much ... these central belt boys are pretty much fair weather fishermen :D:D Im joking of course !!!

Have to admit, only been sick once in last 10 years, and that was in Scrabster - the pints and drams the night before in Weigh Inn, and full breakfast with chips in the Mission at 8am did not help :)

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Alan Taylor:

.  What praise he is showering on the life boat crew, the LB came up from astern, passed along one side, line thrown from LB, caught first time, tow hitched up and away.  A very professional job, it seems that everyone is going to become life long members of the RNLI  

I'm sure most of them are members already Alan. So glad to hear all are safe - its exactly what I pay my RNLI Governer's sub for - unforeseen problems which can beset anyone.

Ask Norrie if they caught whilst waiting for the LB and pass on my good wishes to all concerned.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

is there a webcam anywhere nearby, so we can get an idea of sea conditions ?

only time i been sea sick was after much rum the night before. felt terrible, but still managed an 8 hour trip in heaving seas. :)

wind is up to 25mph gusting to 30+mph WNW :(

had a couple more messages off littlun, shaun into the cod and Davy Holt's into the ling :D . Stomaches are still recovering here

There is a nasty undertow in these waters that send most boat fishermen a bit queasy to say the least, and they are fishing the most dangerous waters that are around the UK!

Just had a phonecall from the skipper asking me what the wind is up here (he knows i have my own weather station) and sying that it is getting quite bouncy out in the bay now ( i think Linda and I made the right choice to stay on shore :D )

tugmistress:

it was only due to maritime legislation that we had to call out the life boat or running repairs could have been carried out at sea    :D    (it was only a blown seal and taking in water) so nothing major    :D    (he knows his boat).

I did wonder about that, I don't know the boat or skipper but I do know Davy Holt and that he could have fixed a blown seal "na bother" even at sea.

As for questioning the sea worthiness of the boat or the qualifications of the skipper :(

As you know both the boat and skipper, well it goes with out saying that no one would endanger there Daughter there selfs or there friends if there was any shadow of doubt about the boat or skipper. Cars break down, rocket ships break down, if it is going to go wrong lets face it, it will.

Well done to the skipper for taking the safe course of action and very well done to the RNLI for there prompt and professional action.

Now back to the plot :D 1251, just spoken to another of my roving reporters, Davy, they are catching fish :D

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Hi Ziggy,

I've not got my webcam up yet i am still waiting for the box to be waterproofed for it :(

will post the pics up when the boys get back... my camera is onboard with them all :D

Put it this way, i was sat at the stern when we were being towed back in and i was extremely wet when we got off from water coming over the wheelhouse :D But at least i wasn't groundbaiting:D