8 replies to this topic

#1 captain cojones

captain cojones

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts
  • Interests:drinking cold beer, and a bit of fishing

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

A bit windy at Bilbao today with some flights diverted or cancelled. Im not surprised. Click on "play" on the link to see some of the landings...(and not). :lol:

http://www.elmundo.e...1335340147.html

#2 barry luxton

barry luxton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,696 posts
  • Interests:Boat fishing and more boat fishing. Some times i have to go to work so it does interfere with my boat fishing, but not much.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

Cor, i would rather be on a 20' boat in a six, at least i can jump over and have a soft landing. :)

Recycle.gif Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in.

shame on the trust for being party to dragging  the rsa into the failed cfp, because they can sniff funding.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them?

#3 Andy_1984

Andy_1984

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts
  • Interests:Yer wife.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

its common practice for pilots to yaw like that just before landing in high winds. then they bring it straight just before it hits the deck. im not sure its meant to wobble about the runway like that though :D

It's Finally here! http://www.tacklesack.co.uk

A website by myself & Andy Macfarlane

#4 big_cod

big_cod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • Interests:fishing and ladies, Just love ladies.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

I worked in the oil industry many years ago we were on a shell chartered fix wing flight from shetland to aberdeen did a lot of flying in planes and choppers in those days but not one like this from the minute we took off from sumburgh in shetland the plane was all over the place we were in the middle of a very deep low presure the shower clouds were hugh when we came to land at aberdeen we were weavering all over the place as we made our approach there was 49 white knuckle oil workes on that flight it was a force 10 cross wind at aberdeen airport they closed the airport after we landed not a nice experience i decide enough was enough and went back into chartering that was 20 years ago.

paul.

Edited by big_cod, 26 April 2012 - 05:12 AM.

http://www.sea-otter...aanglers.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

#5 corydoras

corydoras

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

It looks like a rare bit of fun to me.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

#6 rob.imk2

rob.imk2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

Had a similar experience flying to the isle of man in what I could only describe as a bus with wings the thing was all over the place we made 6 approaches pulled out and then landed on the 7th attempt ., I absolutely shite myself and vowed never to fly again got the ferry home and have never flown since. :uhuh:

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

#7 captain cojones

captain cojones

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

Had a similar experience flying to the isle of man in what I could only describe as a bus with wings the thing was all over the place we made 6 approaches pulled out and then landed on the 7th attempt ., I absolutely shite myself and vowed never to fly again got the ferry home and have never flown since. :uhuh:

Scary. :lol:

I fly quite often, sometimes up to 20 international flights a year, but in all the years doing this have only had one "incident". That was at Alicante in an old Olympic airways 737, that was leased to a different airline. It was ancient.

As we were powering up to go, there was a bang from the left engine and it stopped. We rumbled back to the terminal and were delayed for 19 hours till they found another plane from somewhere.

The pilot came out from the cabin when the airbridge was being connected, and just smiled and said "Sorry, but at least it went bang before we took off!"

It caused a laugh anyway. :lol:

Hasn't put me off at all though.

#8 big_cod

big_cod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • Interests:fishing and ladies, Just love ladies.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

Scary. :lol:

I fly quite often, sometimes up to 20 international flights a year, but in all the years doing this have only had one "incident". That was at Alicante in an old Olympic airways 737, that was leased to a different airline. It was ancient.

As we were powering up to go, there was a bang from the left engine and it stopped. We rumbled back to the terminal and were delayed for 19 hours till they found another plane from somewhere.

The pilot came out from the cabin when the airbridge was being connected, and just smiled and said "Sorry, but at least it went bang before we took off!"

It caused a laugh anyway. :lol:

Hasn't put me off at all though.

Your a brave man captain.

paul.
http://www.sea-otter...aanglers.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

#9 captain cojones

captain cojones

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

Your a brave man captain.

paul.

Not really, i know it is pretty safe overall, and there is really no alternative to many places.

I see the BBC have now picked up on the original video clip now... :P :P