The Barbel Society is having its 17th annual Barbel Show and once again it will be at the Barcelo Hinckley Island Hotel, Hinckley, Leicestershire LE10 3JA on Sunday 3rd June. 9am to 5pm.
Guest speakers this year are:
- John Wilson will have an hour to tell us in his usual way about his fishing exploits and accounts of his big mahseer in particular. John will also be available in the trade room for book signing and a chat.
- Dave Harrell will give an hour of fascinating insight and explaining river float fishing for barbel. Dave will also be available for a chat and to sell his fine range of floats in the traderoom.
- Phil Smith will give an interesting and topical presentation and will also be in the traderoom for the sale of his book and signing.
- The Avon Roach Project will be giving an enthusiastic, as usual, update on the progress of reseeding the roach population of the Hampshire Avon.
- Peter Wheat will be in attendance all day and will make a presentation of a Barbel Society annual award to a Society member.
- Pallatrax will give a short presentation on the use of their products.
In attendance will be Fred Crouch, Steve Pope, Pete Reading, Len Arbury, Bob Buteux, Tony Miles and many other angling luminaries, too many to mention.
A trade hall will be open from 8:30am with many tables including:
Free Spirit, Stapeley Angling Centre, Pallatrax, Hinders, Black Country Baits and many more!!!
The official barbel river records will also be available to view.
Tickets are only available in advance for £10 and can be purchased by post to:
The Barbel Society 7 Abbots Close Purbrook Hants PO7 5ET
Cheques payable to the Barbel Society (Please include a stamped addressed envelope)
Alternatively they can be purchased though the Society’s website using PayPal – http://www.barbelsociety.co.uk/Show.htm