NEWS RELEASE FROM
Bait-Tech, the fastest growing bait company in Europe offer one lucky reader the chance to make their fishing dreams a reality! A full year sponsorship contract is up for grabs. Interested? Read on!
Have you ever fancied yourself as an angling writer, consultant, bait expert or media star? How about holding up a whacker for the cameras explaining how you caught it on a bait YOU helped develop? Bait-Tech is offering one lucky person a huge leap into the forefront of modern carp fishing! If you think you have great writing skills, product and bait knowledge, innovative ideas, the angling prowess to match and the articulation and boldness to carry it all off then here is your chance to push your way to the very top of the sport!
All you need to do is send a full angling CV (giving details on venues fished and past captures, including pics if possible), cover note and brief example feature of no more than 2000 words to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In return Bait-Tech will offer one lucky person a 12 month sponsorship package, the chance to feature in and write their own magazine articles and website features, be heavily involved in future bait development. As well as all this you will have the chance to star in DVDs, adverts and a host of other exciting media opportunities.
If you think you have what it takes to be the best, we want to know about it!
- You must provide: Name, address, contact details, DOB for your entry and include one photo of yourself.
- Your fishing CV must include: Favourite venue; Carp PB & European PB (if applicable); Products you currently use; How often you go carp fishing.......
- You must write a carp feature of at least 1,000 words but no more than
- 2,000 words that shows your writing style and your fishing knowledge/experience.
- The feature can be fiction or non-fiction, funny, technical or a story but it must be carp related.
- The final paragraph must be about yourself and why you think you should be chosen.
- You can submit up to 8 images as part of your submission and they can be part of the feature or as part of your fishing CV.
- Links to your photos will be accepted - make sure the first page is worth looking at!
- Only submit your entry if carp fishing is your passion!
- You must be at least 16 years old to submit your entry.
- Deadline is midnight on 1st March 2012 - any entries received after this time will be ignored.
- Submission is by email only.
- If any submission criteria is not met your entry will be ignored.
- This competition is not open to those entrants who already have or had a bait sponsorship.
- This competition is not open to entrants who are already regular writers and/or contributors to a national angling website or print magazine/paper.
- Bait-Tech reserves the right to publish submissions on its website - entrants will be informed.
- A short list of 5 entrants will be announced in March and the winner will be announced during the Bait-Tech Press Day
- Questions will only be answered via email, but check FAQs in the first instance.
- No video entries - unless accompanied by the above criteria.
- Do not send entries over 10Mb.
Conditions of the Prize:
- The prize is a 12 month bait sponsorship for the complete Bait-Tech range during which time it is expected that you:
- Write regular features/articles/blogs for both print and online media.
- Positively represent the Bait-Tech brand when involved in any fishing-related activities.
- Contribute to product development and field test new baits.
- Write product reviews Participate in any filming, media interviews or Bait-Tech events when requested. As well as anything else we deem appropriate.
This is not a full-time, employed position therefore it is expected that you can carry out these tasks during your free time.
Expenses will be reimbursed.