Pick your fish to introduce to the UK.

Stefan

Tarpon. Have fond memories of catching them from a balcony :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Tyke:

quote:

The Bass family from the US OF A .

I really like the small American baitcasting rods and i envy the yanks being able to lure fish for bass.

I like fishing small lures for Perch and pike but would love to catch the hard fighting bass too.

I used to enjoy catching smallmouth bass. They fight very hard and leap from the water a lot, much more than their largemouth cousins. Just like steelhead.

I'd like to have bonefish here. I understand they're fun to catch.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Steve Randles:

Sturgeon, can you imagine trolling the Thames and catching a couple of 400lb'ers in a day...    

I have seen photographs of a 186pounder caught in the Great Ouse in Huntingdonshire! The father of a guy I used to know caught it.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

I must admit that I did get excited when I heard of some striped bass being caught over on the German side of the North Sea around 3 years ago - Nothing since though :(

(Striper are a coastal fish, but happy to colonise freshwater, growing to over 60lb and fast)

Tiger Muskies, a barren hybrid of Muskie and Pike would also make lure fishing quite interesting.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Peter Waller:

I wouldn't mind seeing a return of fish that we have lost from our local river, like dace and rudd. A few barbel wouldn't go amiss either.

The US Muskie holds a certain appeal! That would upset Mr Collins!

Pete

I was down the Waveney the other week.

Trouble was it was the Waveney hotel Bar in Felixstowe.

I will return to the Waveney (river) at Beccles some time in novenmber/december when the boats and weed have gone!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!