Pick your fish to introduce to the UK.

Stefan

Had a bowfin follow a buzzbait a few times when I was there last, looked like a 20lb carp with an eels tail. Weird, but maybe fun (even moreso if it had actually taken the buzzbait!!)?

Tim

i wudt mind a sturgen in my local cut...see if them lads with the 12lb line and 2.5lbcarp rods on the cut can handle that with his invicible bullet line stuff

[ 04. August 2004, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: ben88 ]

hmmmm really

RUDD:

I would like to see bone fish or tarpon, imagine how fast your elastic would shoot out of your pole or how fast line would be stripped from your baitrunner if you hooked one!!!!!!!!!!!

tarpon on the pole, you like making life hard for yourself dont you!

i know you couldnt fish for it, but think about a basking shark, imagine seeing that cruising topwater in your swim!

then a tigershark or great white, that would put some idiots off, especially the illegal set line pikers, id love to see them try to unhook a white

[ 04. August 2004, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Stefan ]

Ken L:

quote:

Could that be a Sucker ?

Hundreds of thousands of them migrate from the great lakes into the creeks to spawn in the spring.

Right Ken. I have a creek behind my home and in late March each spring there are many suckers around. Lots of guys wade upstream with lanterns at night and spear them, then can them or have them smoked.

Personally, I won't eat them.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Stefan:

quote:

no, this fish was silver in colour and to me looked like a carp. i actually thought it was until i was corrected.

Could it be Freshwater Drum?

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Stefan,I think you are talking about Buffalo.I would like to see a few Alligator Gar stocked in our trout reservoirs!That would play havoc with the gill netting

Pang I am not 100% but I think there must be several species of asp.Caught plenty in the 4lb class whilst in Russia but far more impressive was a fish I hooked in Czechoslovakia which wasnt landed as it let go of a cat bait at the net but was certainly double figures.

Rudd,caught both Bones and Tarpon but the image I got in my mind when reading your post re pole elastic just blew me away!!!!!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!