Pick your fish to introduce to the UK.

Stefan

• 2 weeks later...
Tuna =]

Rigg'd we actually did have Tuna of our east coast for a few years.Do some googling for "The British Tunny Club" and you might get a link to some of the great B&W film footage of gents playing them from open rowboats!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Rigg'd we actually did have Tuna of our east coast for a few years.Do some googling for "The British Tunny Club" and you might get a link to some of the great B&W film footage of gents playing them from open rowboats!
There sure were. Scarborough was the tuna fishing place in the 1930s. The British bluefin record was over 800lb. But the Danes started to fish for them commercially, for fish meal. By the early 1950s all the North Sea tuna were gone, never to return.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• 1 month later...
No seriousness in this thread, but out of all the fish in the world, regardless of saltwater or freshwater, and climate etc...

Which fish would you most like to introduce to you local lake/river?

<small>[ 03. August 2004, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Stefan ]</small>

Mahseer, definitely.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

No seriousness in this thread, but out of all the fish in the world, regardless of saltwater or freshwater, and climate etc...

Which fish would you most like to introduce to you local lake/river?

<small>[ 03. August 2004, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Stefan ]</small>

Mackerel! imagine the fun fly fishing in small streams and brooks and it would be cheap pike bait!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I think id have to say the Arapaima. I remember watching it on jungle hooks, looked mental, bit of the scenary in me local area would be nice too Lol.

Lord, help me to catch fish so large this season, that talking of them afterwards, I have no need to lie.