Why not Carp??

me

You are either mistaking the waters I mention or you are the epitimy of what I have come to loathe in modern carping Mr Darkin.Or you may simpley not have the knowledge of the history of these waters that you think you have.I will have to simply disagree with your view but acept that you are just as entitled as anyone to have one.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it is MR Darkin now, ooher, and I represent all that the famous(?) guide finds loathsome!!

Budgie you call what I do loathsome but you still have not given me one single instance of something bad which can be attributable only to modern carp fishing.

Setting your trap for fish is exactly what fishing is about, whether the trap is trotted on a float or laid on the bed of a lake for several hours in the shape of a boilie or a deadbait, or a feeder full of crumb and maggots.

Actually I only fish days now so I have to set a new trap (or four) every day, but do sometimes leave my baits out from mid morning until I go home an hour or so after dark, and if you find that loathsome then you have a funny outlook on fishing.

I think we are getting to the nub of it all now. You don't like what I and several thousand others do so it becomes loathsome???

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

poledark:

Budgie you call what I do loathsome but you still have not given me one single instance of something bad which can be attributable only to modern carp fishing.

Here's one you can't find what you want in the tackle shop for all the carp gear. :D

Setting your trap for fish is exactly what fishing is about, whether the trap is trotted on a float or laid on the bed of a lake for several hours in the shape of a boilie or a deadbait, or a feeder full of crumb and maggots.

Den

I personally don't think it's so important what you fish for, or how you do it, the important thing is that when you do it, you enjoy it.

I have blanked many times but I have had a very pleasant day spent on the bank, and I expect I will have many more.

My reply wasnt meant to offend you but every time you have replied to me you bring up the same points.All the things you say are what other people say about carping and the poorer carp angler,Not one of these things have I complained about.In fact if you read my posts again as I have sugested you will see I actually defend them.How can I knock them when I use multiple rods,long stay tactics etc? These I have tried to make clear are not the problems.

The waters I am reffering to are some of the ones controlled by Mid Kent Fisheries.I am not telling them what to do as they own the water and are entitled to do as they see fit.As I have allready said they are merely meeting a requirement.Also as I have said allready I have no problem with NEW fisheries being created to meet this requirement.My problem is with all ready established waters being destroyed to be then turned into this type of water.This is the problem I see both as a carp angler and an all rounder.As the origonal post sugested is this what you want then?? No surely not.

My skills with the written word are not good and this constantly frustrates me.I often struggle to put my veiw or ideas across acurately.

I do find the instant result seeking crap yob attitude and the culture they spawn loathsome I am fairly sure you are not one of these and surely you as a carp angler or more correctly as an angler when you are carp fishing must have come across it? As I and others have all ready said these idiots are every where.The dyed in the wool pikers here have admitted to having some in their ranks.I would imagine that both you and I would agree on many of the good and bad things but we apear to be at loggerheads as you think I am knocking "Carp Angling"/"Carp Anglers" in general.Thanks for the little bit of Specimen Hunting history butI am quite well versed in it!

As for the "Famous Fishing Guide" jibe a little bit uncalled for and not realy what I would expect from some one of your standing but as I said my word skills are poor and after rereading my previous post I can see that it didnt really come across as I wanted it too.

I have been described as a lot of things on the Net.leading predator hunter and catfish expert to name but two neither of which I would aspire to !but I have been fishing for 35+ years and as a by line seen and experienced a lot of things as indeed you have your self.This is what I always base my comments and opinions on.

Finally I am sorry if the way I have worded my posts has offended you but I asure you this wasnt my intent.The points I have made however I stand by.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

fenboy:

I know there are truly pioneering carp types out there that find new waters, new baits, new rigs, new approaches. But they ain't half thin on the ground.

Pioneers are rare in any sport, Fenboy, and rare in life itself, come to that.

Do you have to be a pioneer to be a credible angler, then? What of those that see their angling as an escape from the pressures of life and have no wish to push back frontiers?

Is there really no merit in simply enjoying the blessed release and relief angling provides in such abundance?

Sometimes, I really have no desire to push myself to greater things in my angling. I did that, and more, when I was a competition shooter, but my fishing won't ever be allowed to become the obsession that shooting once was. I work long and hard at my job, and my angling re-charges and rewards me. I do it on my terms, for my reasons within my code of ethics.

Let those who wish to boldly go where none have gone before do just that and good luck to them. But please don't condemn those content to simply enjoy their time on the bank, devoid of gritted teeth, steely eyes and a relentless urge to push envelopes all over the place.

Discovering new stuff is wonderful, but so is enjoying the old stuff.

All the best.

Terry

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Wordbender you have just summed up exactly why I go fishing,to escape the circus which is life for a few hours, the pure pleasure of being by the waterside helps me to recharge. :)

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wordbender you have just summed up exactly why I go fishing,to escape the circus which is life for a few hours, the pure pleasure of being by the waterside helps me to recharge.

True!! Exactly what I like doing. I like to sit down near a lake and enjoy the scenery and surroundings and of course the Fishing!! :)

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

I agree with john hedges. Is this a serious topic that was instigated. I carp fish alot but i do lots of other angling as well. And now i am guilty as the rest of giving the thread airtime and personal cycles. Someone delete the thread Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Malcolm