Kayak Angler Magazine

Leon Roskilly

No good at all for us, it's American. We need a UK mag, and not the usual angling mag rubbish.

Hi Guys,

Actually, our office is in Canada. Although you're correct that we have set up Kayak Angler to be mostly distributed in the US, at least for now.

Are we interested in you guys writing for the magazine to offset the usual "rubbish"? Absolutely. You can reach our editor Tim Shuff at editor@kayakanglermag.com, or I'm more than happy to work with you too. We've also started a monthly online supplement that you can read at kayakangleronline.com.

Again, we're just getting going. I certainly agree that a UK kayak fishing magazine would be ideal. Until then, we've put our magazine online in the digital format so that it can be read internationally, where we may not be found on newsstands. The goal here is really to put out a magazine that balances the wants of enthusiasts but also gives anglers and non anglers what they need to get kayak fishing. I agree it's a tough one editorially.

Anyway, thanks for the post,

Scott

Flounder and Publisher

I enjoyed reading that whilst I was at work today.I know it didnt cover any British kayak fishing,but it was well worth the read.Very well set out.

I hope you dont mind,But I copied the link and put it on another Kayak fishing site where I am sure it will also get read.

Many thanks for posting

zzippy2.gif

I'm sorry, but I just don't see the relavence , the fishing is nothing like the UK, apart from kayak adverts if you like that sort of thing, plenty of gullable people like those, what use is it to us?

We need a British magazine, with launch sites, clubs, marks, and articles connected to this country.

Edited by maidstonemike

I'm sorry, but I just don't see the relavence , the fishing is nothing like the UK, apart from kayak adverts if you like that sort of thing, plenty of gullable people like those, what use is it to us?

We need a British magazine, with launch sites, clubs, marks, and articles connected to this country.

Mike.

Take a look at Sea Angler and any other UK mag.They are full of Adverts.Plus the same article is repeated year after year.Thats the reason why I havnt purchased one for years.

Maybe the mag has got alot of adverts,but its still a good read,plus its free :thumbs: .

Just depends on what you like reading,each to their own I supose.

zzippy2.gif

I know, thats' why I don't buy UK magazines. It's odd really, you would think with the need for a quality publication, with honest articles, instead of hype and bull, someone would publish one and clean up!

Maybe it's more difficult than we think to do just that, hence the load of dross on the market.

Is there a need for one? Really? How many people do you think are actually kayak fishing in the UK? And how many are doing it regularly? And what percentage would need to buy it for it to be feasible - it's got to have a large readership to atract advertisers who in turn cover the costs of it...it's not difficult, it's simply not worth it. Now a UK kayak fishing book, that's a different matter (and is less time sensitive than a magazine).

The only thing different is the species and their specific tactics where applicable. I've kayak fished in the US (and France and will do so in South Africa in February) and it's not at all different. There is useful and relevant stuff in this magazine.

By the 'usual angling mag rubbish' and 'hype and bull' do you mean the articles most often written by Simon Everett? If you can point me towards a kayak angler more worth paying heed to than Simon I would be surprised (and relieved as Simon only releases fish ;D ). Instead of criticising things that others do Mike why not actually do something about it? Personally I don't submit to magazines any more from past experience (usually to do with not being paid on time or having to chase payment for ages or, on one occasion, having an entire article slightly modified and becoming written by a woman who supposedly interviewed me.)

Nothing personal Mike, I just don't think your arguments stand up.

Regards, Mark.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

No no, I mean the usual shore and boat angling magazines, very lightweight and chokka full of advert pages.

The Canadian mag is fine for them, but I don't find it interesting reading about strange species that I will never catch, using different methods etc.

Some of you will I suppose, but I don't. As for a UK version, not enough kayak anglers for sure, so not worth it.

Ah well, I prefer doing it rather than reading about it!