sound driver

nursejudy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm clutching at straws here now Judy. Is the sound built into the motherboard? it could be disabled in the BIOS.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

it must be built in i think ,i have taken it as far as i dare ,

dare not mess in bios thats scary stuff for me,so will admit defeat untill son in law visits over christmas,i love it when i can with help from you guys sort my problems out...hate having to ask son in law.... but i know my limits,although did wonder about taking cover off the pc to see what its like inside ,and perhaps get the Mr Sheen out and do a bit of dusting....must admit since i cleaned key board with Mr Sheen my fingers fairly fly over the keyboard!!!!

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

I think it's certainly likely it's disabled in the BIOS, as if it were enabled but driverless it'd show a warning in my previous step.

Unless you feel comfortable going into the BIOS I'd wait for your SIL nursejudy. XP is pretty good with drivers, so after enabling in BIOS,XP may then load the drivers itself.

Geoff

...dare not mess in bios thats scary stuff for me...
Here be dragons ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

had the pc looked at and been told the sound driver has died!!!!

I have looked at the handbook that came with machine but cannot find any details about the driver ,its an E machine 5260

Intel High DefinitionAudio, 515 intel [remium 4 processor

how do i find out what the driver is ,as i have been told i can download a new one

thanks as always

would i be better off with a Mac laptop or will that be too difficult for me to get used to as i understand its alot different to use...

nurse.gif

• 4 weeks later...

If you got to the UK eMachines site here: http://uk.emachines.com/uk/home.html

Click 'Customer care' then 'Download Driver' which brings you here: http://uk.emachines.com/uk/corporate/contacts.html

Then (as I couldn't find your model listed) you will see a tech support e-mail address at the bottom of the page, namely: support_uk@emachines.com

Give them a shout with your model number and they should be able to help you.

had the pc looked at and been told the sound driver has died!!!!

I have looked at the handbook that came with machine but cannot find any details about the driver ,its an E machine 5260

Intel High DefinitionAudio, 515 intel [remium 4 processor

how do i find out what the driver is ,as i have been told i can download a new one

thanks as always

would i be better off with a Mac laptop or will that be too difficult for me to get used to as i understand its alot different to use...

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys

i tried all your suggestions.took pc back to the tech guys at pc world cost £29 they have had to restore it and add the drivers ,they have also given me a new disc with the sound drivers on as my rescue discs i bought from them did not work right this last time ...so its ok now cheers

nurse.gif