odd natural baits

Yes Ive read on US sites about rats being used o jug lines and the likes.

"survival courses?was you in the forces budgie?"

No,Russ it was just that my last wives cooking was so *****! No not really! 12 years mate.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

This takes me back. When I was a kid (40+ years ago) we regularly used Grasshoppers on a small brook near our house. It was deadly! Thinking about it a lot of other baits may have been as well if we had tried them.

I think Richard Walker said that his two biggest chub were caught on Frogs.

Crayfish used to be deadly. Wasp grubs a deadly bait (still are).

We could never afford maggots when I was young but we caught loads on lobworms, breadpaste,caddisfly larvae, caddis grubs, silkweed, shrimps etc.etc.

I always smile when I see some 'New wonderbait discovered'.

There is very little new in fishing.

DF

dogfish:

Hi all

This takes me back. When I was a kid (40+ years ago) we regularly used Grasshoppers on a small brook near our house. It was deadly! Thinking about it a lot of other baits may have been as well if we had tried them.

I think Richard Walker said that his two biggest chub were caught on Frogs.

Crayfish used to be deadly. Wasp grubs a deadly bait (still are).

We could never afford maggots when I was young but we caught loads on lobworms, breadpaste,caddisfly larvae, caddis grubs, silkweed, shrimps etc.etc.

I always smile when I see some 'New wonderbait discovered'.

There is very little new in fishing.

DF

I was amused to see in one of the puddle dipping mags an ad for "Tuti Fruti pop up boilies" the latest carp bait. Gosh those fish are spoilt for choice. What do we offer ours, squid, crab worm or mackerel, nothing special at all.

BUDGIE:

"survival courses?was you in the forces budgie?"

No,Russ it was just that my last wives cooking was so *****! No not really! 12 years mate.

LOL 12 years thats a long time,if you dont mind me asking wich regiment did you serve with?

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Parachute Regiment then Royal Engineers.Whilst with the RE I served with both the Parachute and Commando Squadrons so did plenty of survival type courses.Great fun and always a good excuse for a bit of fishing!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

BUDGIE:

Parachute Regiment then Royal Engineers.Whilst with the RE I served with both the Parachute and Commando Squadrons so did plenty of survival type courses.Great fun and always a good excuse for a bit of fishing!

wow.. you was a para,i take a keen intrest in the fighting forces of the world,i read alot on the eastern front ww2,and vietnam etc snipers are what i like reading about most any way enough of that more fishing talk

corn pops are good jedi or floating lobworms!

AKA RATTY

jedi_knight_298:

ive used coco pops before as an attractor bait for carp/chub, also if you blank you can still eat your bait. :D

they look like chocolate casters!

i just bought a box to munch on my nightshift!

AKA RATTY