odd natural baits

Hook point starting at the tail end and thru to the head then out. Simple way to hook but my fish are pretty unused to rigs so it works great here. Might do over there as well.

With the hooks I'm using, the hook is pretty much all inside the insect from eye to point.

The key to keeping these things for me is the container. Not sure what is available in the UK but mine is simple and effective.

Square box sized to the quantity you want to keep at any given time. I like to keep quite a few and can feed/water them and they stay lively for quite a few days. Say 6 inch sides and 8+ inch depth.

Screen covering two sides so they get plenty of air.

Top has a round hole large enough to hold a tin with top & bottom removed and the edges smoothed. Top edge flared just a little so the tin will slide in the hole but not go down into the box.

The tin needs to be large enough diameter to let you easily get your hand in and out. Also needs to extend at least 3 inches into the box.

The jumpers can't get out because they don't do straight-up jumps. They will tend to climb high on the screen but you can either raise the tin a bit or tap the box so a few fall to the bottom.

Here is a picture of a round version - all plastic - used for taking crickets to the water when fishing. I like mine better but am at work so can't take a picture. The white insert slides up and down easily.

Posted Image

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic