Most powerful fish?????????

Guest Ferret1959

Size for size I would say carp around 6lb or so, but I have never caught a mullet!!

Many fish wriggle a lot, and twist a lot, but a 6lb carp actually pulls its weight.

Mind you, the Salmon that took me through 3 pools on the Wye a few years back WAS unstoppable.

Den

[ 13. September 2004, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: poledark ]

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Waller:

Burbot are incredibly powerful, great for livebaits as well, really durable.

LOL - Peter, I enjoyed your response even if no one else seems to have noticed it. :D:D
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Mullet or Grayling? both fight way above their weight!

There's a 'mini' Sturgeon (sterret??) that is awesome on light tackle, loads of 'airtime' tail walking etc.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Cant say i have been that impressed with Mullet. Went on a sailing holliday around the Orwell estuary and fished for them in a few marinas using a six foot rod four lb line and floating crust. Biggest i got was about 5lb but put up no where near as good a fight as some of the 5lb carp i have had. Maybe it was just lazy.

5 LBS and it didn't scrap?...

4lb line?...you sure it wasn't rope?

[ 13. September 2004, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: awaaar ]

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

i had a 12lb carp yesterday that faught like stink, never known owt like it, rod bent double and you could play a guitar solo on the 8lb line i had on.

must admit ive never known a fish come close to some of the carp scraps ive had.

although saying that, i had a 2lb rainbow which gave a brilliant scrap on a light fly rod which i think is partly the answer.

if you hook into a 10lb carp on a light wag rod, it will feel like youve just hooked into a submarine. if you hook the same on some of the carp gear (3lb t/c rod + 20lb braid) it will feel like your landing a log (maybe not that extream but you get my drift)

chris

(happy with is 12lb PB fishy)

A bird in the bush is worth two in the hand