Yes! my 1st Carp

big stew 76

Yes! i cant beleve it, my 1st carp. ive told my Mrs 12 times a step by step guide on how i caught it and every time it fights a little harder! now its your turn!! lol

i started at 1230h witha tin of sweetcorn and a flask of tea by dusk at around 1630h i was frozen to the bone with out a even a nibble! i was getting quite desperate because i have never blanked at this lake even though ive only been 3 times, so i came up with the idea of making a feeder bomb out of bread. as i was only float fishing and the light was closing in, i grabed a slice of bread and put about 10 peices of corn in it and squashed it together like a pasty and wraped it in main line with the hook bait on the outside of the bomb. i didnt have the confidence to cast it that far as it was a very crude atempt at a feeder! plop the bait went in about 7ft from where i was stood, my float tip went under slightly so i gave it a jerk to see if i could free the hook abit and it worked. i let the bomb soak for about 10mins and lifted it out, as i did i see the bomb desintegrate so i placed it strait back down. 2mins later i start to get a tap! i throw 2 peices of sweetcorn in to try and keep the fish interested then plop the float goes under!!! as i strike the clutch starts wizzing so i tighten up slightly to make sure the hook is well planted. to be honest it was quite an easy fight, i emagine as the water must have been very cold the fish do no fight as hard? but never the less it seemed like it went on for 15mins+. i grabed my landing net and guied the fish in, it was text book style! the hook even come out in the net! king neptue was shining on my behind this evening i tell you!!

so here it is my 1st carp caught on a size 8 barbless hook with a single peice of corn on 4lb line....

this fish made me a very happy man :D

post-15732-1229297650_thumb.jpg

Well done on your first one and double well done for getting it this time of year.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Carp are such great fun to catch and the first is the sweetest until you start going for size vs having just plain caught one. I got quite a large one, but we don't have scales for weighing (we do, but that's just one more thing Newt has lost).

Well done that man! That's gonna stay with you for a long time!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a suggestion, but I have found the ideal size of hook is a 12 (I have caught from about half a pound to a fish in its 20s with it!!)

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I'm with the wife on this one. Give it a rest will you.... :angry:

(Just kidding....well in mate)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...