fishing on tv

Alan Fawcett

Just added my name No 733, sorry it took so long but didn't see this post

What about other celeb stars, like David Seaman and Vinnie Jones surely they'd get involved

"Carp are hard to catch in the winter, that also goes for the spring, summer, and the autumn"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

originally posted by Bill Eborn What I'd also like to see is the BBC natural history unit do a programme following an ordinary British river, from the source to the sea looking at the different fish species and the other life in the river and the relationship between them all.
Mainstream which was shwn on Discover H&L was where Matt Hayes followed the Great Ouse and then the severn and the Shannon from source to sea. Along the way he discussed the local area and its history. I feelsure that it would have a wide appeal if shown on normal telly.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

jonboy walton:

Just added mine, no 735. Angling is long overdue to be back on terrestrial tv....

Jon

Bugga, i've already printed of one lot & that came to 114 pages & a full printer cartridge gone but it'll be worth it if the beeb take note :D

Thanks for signing

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

waterman1013:

Alan

There are not 3 million rod licence holders in the UK. There are about 1.1 million licensed anglers, coarse and game. I think you can check the actual number issued on the EA website.

Mike

How can you work out how many anglers there are in the UK from the number of EA rod licences sold?

Surely this number discounts all Scots anglers, and all English sea anglers that don't coarse fish or game fish in addition to their sea angling.

Corydoras

[ 12. March 2003, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I just added my name to the list. Still only 739. I am sure we can do better.

:confused: :confused:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Why would it have to be a chap fronting the show? I know of many lady anglers, who'd love the opportunity. Perhaps a man and a woman could do it.

After all, women have shown themselves to have hidden "abilities" when catch big fish. It would save a fortune on production costs. All they have to do is have a bloke sitting there for a few days, before the camera arrives. Then, the woman can come along. At this point they start filming. The bloke then goes off for 5 minutes. We all know that when this happens, our lady friends usually manage to catch a monster. It's a cert!

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

Signed the petition -742- better late than never I didn't realise it was there!!!

My vote would have to go to Matt Hayes and Chris Tarrant to front an angling programme.

I like Mick Brown but he always seems a little reserved in front of the camera.

John Wilson drives me to distraction, I always know what he's going to say next!!

As for a female co-presenter, you can put my name on the list! :):D