Competitions etc.

Elton

We need some organisation in this forum, that much is obvious.

Us moderators know little of what goes on in here - it was always run so efficiently, firstly by Steve Randles and then by Mr. Wiggly.

Nursejudy has offered to help a bit.

So, what do I need to do to ensure that the competitions run correctly?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

We need some organisation in this forum, that much is obvious.

Us moderators know little of what goes on in here - it was always run so efficiently, firstly by Steve Randles and then by Mr. Wiggly.

Nursejudy has offered to help a bit.

So, what do I need to do to ensure that the competitions run correctly?

We have a decent squad of hard core contributors on this forum,I reckon we should need minimal supervision Elton and we can be self policing I am sure.The comp rules are in black and white so everyone knows the score.

I can lend a hand if required but once we open our caravan up again in March my internet access will be sporadic to say the least!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I think you need to appoint a dedicated photo forum moderator for evrything to run smoothly again Maybe two to cover what Mr W did.

Edited by Cameraman
If all else fails, follow the intructions.

How about one person to oversee and run the comps and the other to mostly monitor the threads? We definitely need a "leader" that is photo savvy and Steve's and Danny's shoes are big ones to fill. Oh, being patient would be helpful, too. Heaven knows we have a very wide range of experience and knowledge. The individuals who enjoy creating havoc elsewhere on the forum rarely frequent here - TG!

The regular mods can (and in fact, always have) monitored the topics to the extent of approving posts from new members and dealing with any reported topics. I think there may have been one or possibly two of those in the time I've been on the boards and those from before Photography was given a separate section.

Its the comp management, mod level access to toics, and to some extent, the tech help, that needs someone with expertise, time, and patience.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Well I'm willing to help out too. I don't know zip about much and with job etc, I couldn't do much more than evening work, but more than happy to help out, if that is of any use.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

I had to pass on the banner here for three reasons, the health of myself and my partner and one other factor I shant go into publically. However periodically and normally in the wee small hours I have popped in to see how everyone is faring. My recent visit was at the point where Elton had posted the extremely sad news about Danny, I was shocked to say the least to visit here and find that awful news.

Almost immediately I pm'ed Elton to let him know I would ensure I was around a bit more than I had been to help things along, but that I now had my own site and I would not know how much time I could spend here..so therefore I could not pick up the gloves once more and help steer this forum as Danny had done so wonderfully. I was also worried that if I had of done.it would be like kicking sand in the face of others here.

However, I will help out if its needed...however I can, I've been a member here for far too long to just sit by and do nothing. I will be visiting daily and many times each day too to keep in touch with whats going on.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

I had to pass on the banner here for three reasons, the health of myself and my partner and one other factor I shant go into publically. However periodically and normally in the wee small hours I have popped in to see how everyone is faring. My recent visit was at the point where Elton had posted the extremely sad news about Danny, I was shocked to say the least to visit here and find that awful news.

Almost immediately I pm'ed Elton to let him know I would ensure I was around a bit more than I had been to help things along, but that I now had my own site and I would not know how much time I could spend here..so therefore I could not pick up the gloves once more and help steer this forum as Danny had done so wonderfully. I was also worried that if I had of done.it would be like kicking sand in the face of others here.

However, I will help out if its needed...however I can, I've been a member here for far too long to just sit by and do nothing. I will be visiting daily and many times each day too to keep in touch with whats going on.

Steve... :)

Thanks, Steve. You have my utmost respect for being willing to help even though you obviously have a very full schedule going on. You've been great helping me decide which memory card to purchase and it came today. I can now, also, read the NEF files.

Cheers for the support, guys. Much appreciated.

In the short term, what needs doing? I keep getting told things need closing, polls sorting, etc?

Is this something you can sort? Steve Randles still has mod-privileges, so if he wouldn't mind. If there are any problems, please PM me, but bear in mind that I honestly have no idea how the comps are run, so need to be guided.

Cheers,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hello everyone.

As I did a bit with the competitions whilst Danny was in hospital I know a little about what goes on, and am quite willing to help if I can. I am spending a lot of time alone at the moment and it may give me something to occupy my mind, as long as it is not too much.

If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.