Disclosure

trent.barbeler

Dave, I can stand the heat, but like you I am equelly sick of the aggression of other sites, hence my suggestion that we leave the issue of the RSSG in the past.

Lee, bless him, has dug himself an almighty big hole. But I hope we can all treat his obvious change of heart with reason, not venom.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter, I understand and agree fully in what you say, however you have to remember that all the posters on this site are not privy to what has gone on before. Whilst I do not intend to go down the sad road of the RSSG, I can say that the hurt has not and will not go that easily. Two sites down probably one to go, if normal service is resumed, movement to the next site will be the next port of call. Are you ready.............

Best Regards

Dave

Dave, we can not blame just one man for the fate of the RSSG. Chris Goddard, secretary, pleaded for help and nominations for committee posts. Help was not forthcoming.

Dave, you have just joined AN, and welcome, but you and Godolphin have both surfaced on this particular thread! Simply a coincidence?

Steve, Dave, Liam, good to see you are all alive and well and (In certain cases) still Kicking ASS where it is required!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Dear Peter

Move no further than the desertion of Lee and Ray from the RSSG committee without any consultation with any other committee member, never mind the committee on-block, to see the downfall of the RSSG.

You got involved way after that occurance....others were there in situ at the time.....not a good plank to walk along unless you like a quick ducking.

Leave the RSSG on the sidelines.....in the end the whole deal was flawed......but the crack started way before Chris Goddard got involved.

Yours With Respect.....

Steve.

Peter, I have never said that I blame one man for the fate of the RSSG, I do not, but the mainstay of the RSSG was 'Open to all fishing', you are right, help was not forthcoming - no surprise there then.

I may have joined as Dave Wingfield but that was due to the posting of the final throes of the RSSG, done out of courtesy. Check out Winks, that is me also, been here a while. As for Godolphin yes, you are right it is purely coincidence. If I want to say anything I will say it, but under my own name.

Just like you.

Best Regards

Dave

[ 12. April 2004, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: Dave Wingfield ]

Well A lot of people seem to have been busy since my comments yesterday which seems to have inadvertantly started something of a debate.

My only comment now is that I know absolutely nothing about the RSSG having never been involved in Angling politics.

There certainly seem to be some bottled up feelings being expressed.

As for it being personal then I think the posts should be read carefully to see who started making personal remarks.

I will stick to my original point thatb there is more than one side to any story and I have a right to my opinion about that.

Best wishes

DF

Oops. I think I posted on the wrong thread. Confusing isn't it?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.