Ebro catfishing help

hpint

Hey there. I would like to go and catch some serious catfish in the Ebro river in Spain. Just wondering if any of you have been and can recommend a company that is reasonable and reliable. Thanks

I have used this guy on a couple of occasions and he is very good has a great boat and has been on this part of the river for years,They are a lovely couple and you get well looked after

http://ebrocatfish.com/

Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

BGS (Bavarian Guiding Service) are based in Mequinenza and are arguably the longest established guiding outfit on the Ebro.All though a German company they do employ a British guide.Not the cheapest but they are reliable and a reputable firm................unlike so many others that are now out there.

Strangely enough the British guides who have set up further down river seem to be a lot better than the Mequinenza cowboys.

BTW,if you fancy going it alone I will gladly give you all the details re licences (a lot easier these days as you can get them on line) required club cards,insurances etc etc.Even give you a few banker swims if you want! Be warned though its a good old drive trailing a boat! Ive done it a couple of times...............

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Quote Budgie Strangely enough the British guides who have set up further down river seem to be a lot better than the Mequinenza cowboys.

Yep that's my take but there are still a few that start up down the bottom end and only last a season or less ,Some of the boats that the new "Guides" down there have out on the river are a bit of a joke size wise for the number of anglers they say they can handle, Go with someone who has stood the test of time whichever part of the river you go to,Personally drift fishing or up by Tiveneys weir take some beating for the scenery and wildlife you can see a catfish is a added bonus esp when its starts towing the boat towards the med :D Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Hey there. I would like to go and catch some serious catfish in the Ebro river in Spain. Just wondering if any of you have been and can recommend a company that is reasonable and reliable. Thanks

Try here http://www.topcatfishing.co.uk/ Rob is based in Benifallet,about an hours drive from Reus..He has a well equiped boat and works very hard to catch the fish.The lower reaches he fishes are uncrowded and most of the time you are lucky if you see another angler,that's why i'm going back again next year..Good luck wherever you go..

Edited by wellyphant

Hi there i have fish the ebro several times now as i live in spain and although i have never used a guide i have meet many of them and have always found the guys from catmaster tours very friendly and i have often fished alongside them, the sertainly know what the are doing and dont mind pointing you in the right direction even if your not paying for there services, as a direct result of there help i have landed several cats to over 170lb and would highly recomend,them hope this is of some help