How Do I find info

melpen

My Broadband is via satellite, using a company that is now in Germany used to be by a uk based company, but this German company has bought them, and closed down the Uk branch.

So I actually pay for my Sat connection in Euros to Germany.

This has not been a problem for the last 5 years.

But just recieved an E-mail from them stating that because of a legal dispute with BskyB they are no longer allowed to transmit to the UK.

How do I find any info on a legal dispute between Teles-skydsl and BskyB?

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

A FRIEND is heavily into SATTELITE and such. Just fed the question to her see if she knows owt?? I THINK she actually reported the original story in the uk?? But I know she is well up on STUFF!!!

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Sorry Melpen!! NO news as yet!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

It seems, that my satellite isp has got cold feet, they have decided to cut off the UK from their transmissions.

BskyB have sent letters to all outside uk transmitting satellite companies, with the threat of legal action.

I have contacted BskyB telling them of the situation, that because of their threat, my broadband company will no longer connect me.

I asked them when will I be supplied with BskyB satellite broadband, their answer is never, they dont supply such a system, but to get in touch with a UK supplier.

Apparently my broadband supplier does not have a license to transmit into the UK, which they have to buy from BskyB, all abit political.

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

err i think they can transmit wherever they like but receiving it is where the problem lies.

a satellites footprint cannot be honed down enough to cover just britain excluding everywhere else ,they try by limiting the power of the transmitter but ofcourse a bigger dish gets round it.

BSKYB is small fry compared to whats available ,murdoch is in reality a monopoly (almost) not only in broadcasting but even the actual digiboxes design are licensed from them (they are all pretty identical hardware wise in the decoder section) but strangely not only is this monopoly overlooked its also encouraged by the government they are so scared of him!!!!

theres also plenty of other encryption options available besides viacrypt (the one murdoch uses) .the "encryption" side was to "stop" foreigners watching but bskyb has no problem selling the exact same channels overseas to anyone who wishes to fork out the lucre for it!!!!!

a sky box is also deliberately made to make non sky programs hard to find ,not sure what channels you can see with the card out of his machine but on a real satellite receiver the freesat channels are in the clear bar 4 and 5 ,i know from analogue days the reciever actually scrambles clear channels so you couldnt watch them and a real analogue receiver showed up his dirty tricks as they were unscrambled on it

your provider was probably using a bskyb transmitter but theres plenty of other users and transmitters on the astra satellites but you can bet your bottom dollar that bskyb will block the signal if you use their equiptment ;)

get intouch with you foreign supplier and see if they are using a alternate frequency

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson