Firefox Running Slow

glennk

I not of late that firefox is taking an age to load pages. I have done the tweaking bits with the httppipelining stuff and this apeaded things up somewhat but in comparison to IE page loads are still slow.

I seem to remember this happening before and it being cache related.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Crapcleaner for sure. Best-of-breed trash cleaner IMO.

Also if you are running Win2K/XP/Vista, it caches DNS info that CCleaner won't remove. It is automatically removed when you reboot but otherwise, open a cmd prompt and key in ipconfig /flushdns then press ENTER. It will clear all the cached info for you.

AnglersNet, for me, is more sensitive to the DNS cache but it won't hurt for any web browsing.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Is that the cleaner that FF runs for me when I shut it down?? Gives a host of options including Cookies??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Seriously doubt it, Chris. This is a standalone program called CCLEANER: http://www.ccleaner.com/download
New version, just out.

http://www.ccleaner.com/update/?v=2.14.763&l=1033

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Actually there is now a 2.15.xx version. Just got it and its faster under XP than the last one was by quite a bit and meybe a touch faster under Vista.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Seriously doubt it, Chris. This is a standalone program called CCLEANER: http://www.ccleaner.com/download

Oh well aware of Crap Cleaner!! BUT Firefox does all the ridding of temp files and cookies when I exit it?! It can as I have said ALSO get shot of passwords!!! As I rid myself of around 150!!! ONLY did it once!! :lol:

FOUND IT!! Under Tools/Options/Privacy and last entry PRIVATE DATA! check the boxes and FF does the deed every time you close it down!!

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Those settings are certainly there and certainly work but seem to be 'all or none' which doesn't suit my needs.

For instance, there are some cookies I want left alone (AnglersNet and other regularly visited sites) and I don't see an option to flag them to be kept.