A Hundred not out. Hopton, 21st December 2008

Mark Crame

Not argueing with anyone Maidstonemike i'm just congratulating Mark and then making a statement about the number of launches i've made this year (and the distances involved).this forum has quietened down alot but that i feel is due to large amount of yak fishing forums that have sprung up(where there was one or two before there are now probably about a dozen that i know of) more than any argueing that has taken place (one of the biggest bust ups i've seen has been on another forum and yet the two or three main protagonists are all still active members of said forum despite their disagreements.)

Edited by snakey1

Blimey, that bloody cat has been amongst the pigeons again!

My family commitments come out with me quite often in the summer; at 4 and 6 - (and 37) it is great that they join me in what is, admittedly, an obsession. I am an obsessive kind of person. I was tying rigs yesterday as I'm in France for Xmas and was banned from bringing my yaks this time. As Martin points out I do in fact live very close to the sea - 300 metres or so? It's one of the reasons I moved. I tend to drive to other launch spots however as it is pretty barren where I am. I'm also close to the estuary for when the sea is too rough and the river / broad as well when i want to try something else. I am blessed with all but the variety of species found down south. I love fishing down there but I just love to get out on the water whatever - if it is too rough i'll play in the surf and if i'm abroad i'll either take the yak or arrange something when i'm there if possible - I fished from yaks in the States and France this year - South Africa and France next year (in the throes of organising a meet/comp in Brittany in May). I have a busy life too - I leave the house at 8 and get back at 6. I work monday-friday and throughout the summer I am working most saturdays as well. A huge amount of my launches this year have been either at 9pm or have entailed getting up at 5am. Usually it is neccesary for me to be home by ten at the weekend to help around the house. As it happens I don't get out as much as I like either. So while Richi has a point, so does Martin - and you do too Bill and Mike. Now, Snakey, your dedication with that kind of mileage is something to be immensely proud of. Personally there are a lot of kayak anglers out there that I really look up too and I don't look down at any of them - we're all in it to our own extent for our own pleasure.

Cliques...I like that word, as inaccurate as the term is for open friendships made on open forums. If you can't join 'em, beat 'em I say.

(I think you were searching for Meritorious Martin - and FYI my sofa is bloody uncomfortable :D )

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

• 2 weeks later...

oooh aint logged in here for a while

feels different

anyhow 2009 will be more active for me kayak wise than 2008 or 2007 for that matter

i live in a diff forum now though but plan on keeping an eye on this one

i hope to only see trolling when im fishing and the fish should be the only ones with pointy teeth

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod