Advice and Info

malevans

Hi folks,

aborted my planned shore fishing last week in Cornwall due to the weather (I am a bit of a wimpish holiday sea angler :( ). I thought I would make up by doing a night session at Aldeburgh in suffock later this month. I have not fished their for about 4 or 5 years. Any info on whether it is still fishing Ok and whether 3 hours either side of low tide is still best would be appreciated. Have overnight anglers experienced any trouble with car breakins etc, used to be fine when I fished there before.

Cheers and thanks

I fished there about 3 weeks ago, but it was a day session. I started about 2 hours into the flood and caught dab, codling, dogfish. Bites went off at top of the tide, but an hour into the ebb saw a good number of fish too.

This was on the dity wall area, close to Martello Tower. You can park there no probs, so you don't have too much of a yomp with your gear.

As for night fishing, not had the chance yet, but you should see some action. All fish I caught were in the region of 70-100 yards out. Usual baits - rag, squid and mackeral all took fish.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Thanks Westie, sounds as if things have not changed in my absence over the last few years. The martello tower area was where I used to fish as well, done a few nights there. Fished OK in day light too.

I used to pick up quite a few fish by dropping one of my baits right in close at the edge of the groyne.

Cheers

Malcolm