Best Beachcasting Rod

Elton

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the years like many I have tried dozens of rods, after my op light weight and easy casting became the main requirements and after some good advice I went for the Foo Fighter but I would be the first to admit it has limitations regarding ground conditions and casting weight.

About a month back I purchased the most expensive rod ever but if one requires a beach rod to cover all circumstances in my opinion you would find it hard to beat this rod.

The "Grauvell Duplicate Helical DH Surf TRE 4500" a bit of a mouthful but an awesome rod. Casting from 100gr to 250gr this super sensitive pure carbon rod is lighter than the Foo comes in three sections so it is easier to transport than the Foo but at £620 it is over three time the price of the Foo.

However it is equally at home casting either a fixed spool or multiplier over a surf beach, a kelp bed or rough ground. It has excellent bite detection and one would have thought it is as near perfection as one could get, but they have just introduced a new lighter model with the same performance at around £800.

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• 1 month later...
Over the years like many I have tried dozens of rods, after my op light weight and easy casting became the main requirements and after some good advice I went for the Foo Fighter but I would be the first to admit it has limitations regarding ground conditions and casting weight.

About a month back I purchased the most expensive rod ever but if one requires a beach rod to cover all circumstances in my opinion you would find it hard to beat this rod.

The "Grauvell Duplicate Helical DH Surf TRE 4500" a bit of a mouthful but an awesome rod. Casting from 100gr to 250gr this super sensitive pure carbon rod is lighter than the Foo comes in three sections so it is easier to transport than the Foo but at £620 it is over three time the price of the Foo.

However it is equally at home casting either a fixed spool or multiplier over a surf beach, a kelp bed or rough ground. It has excellent bite detection and one would have thought it is as near perfection as one could get, but they have just introduced a new lighter model with the same performance at around £800.

hi im new to the forum and live in north wales i was looking for a grauvell dh surf / Grauvell Duplicate Helical DH Surf TRE 4500 and found this link does anybody no of one for sale thanks any info would be very gratefull thanks chris

hi im new to the forum and live in north wales i was looking for a grauvell dh surf / Grauvell Duplicate Helical DH Surf TRE 4500 and found this link does anybody no of one for sale thanks any info would be very gratefull thanks chris

Strangely I have been trying to locate them, Anglers Corner have sold the few they had and are awaiting the arrival of the new version.

A few of my shore angling friends have asked about them and I am currently searching on line and ended up back here, if I have any luck I will let you know.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Strangely I have been trying to locate them, Anglers Corner have sold the few they had and are awaiting the arrival of the new version.

A few of my shore angling friends have asked about them and I am currently searching on line and ended up back here, if I have any luck I will let you know.

cheers ken ile do the same for you ive got one but i wanted a pair ive just order a grauvell teknos tournament there just as good but dont have the heli wrap ive also been intouch with gravell and the dh is now discontinued the new version with the same spec is the teklon surf 2 but the match tip is not available till next season :rolleyes: and ime not shaw if its got the heli wrap i cant find no info on the new rod anywere just what ive been told it costs around £400

Anyone told you guys there's a recession on? :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Depends how much money you use to buy :lol:

The Grauvell Duplicate Helical DH Surf TRE 4500 is without doubt the best beachcaster I have ever purchased, would suit a surf beach and yet is more than capable of a bit of heavy rough fishing.

eat.gif

Petals Florist