• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to anglers net ***simon***

they have been a bit thin on the ground down here in dorset too

spent all night on the beach week before last, only caught 1

Guest jay_con

Everything seems to be at least 2 weeks late up here in Whitby. We had a cold spring. Just hope they turn up soon as big brother is driving me mad.

We've been getting them for some time now just off Redcar or the South Gare end.

Daylights have been doing the business it seems that mackeral find them irresistable.They are well inside now but were offside some five miles or more about 4/5 weeks ago.

They will be back as soon as this northerly goes but the thing is all the mackeral are full of roe or milt. Don't usually see this in mackeral at this time of year but the stamp of fish is of a better size than some years. Still make good eating though

Have'nt been on the gare end for years now but will be taking my ten year old this year as I promised him last year but a fall and a broken back put paid to that so will make up for it this year.

Sammy's been busy again this year, like always ,taking fish when retreiving gear and theres plenty of them, theres also plenty just off the beach and behind the rocks. Funny thing is though when youre catching mackeral just under the boat the seals dont seem interested even though theyre just twenty yards away.

Had the first go a couple of days for bass (thursday last) but never saw one. Two schoolies were caught from a beach during a local match on the same Thursday

Ha ha

quote:

You fish the gare Brian? How is the seal population this year?

Nice to see a fellow teeside angler.

The mackrel fishing on the gare is about the only place I will turn out on the shore as its so much fun racing the seals to land a mackrel. We had our first of many mackrel out of hartlepool on 17th june...it just seemed to go from non to many in 5 days :)

Also the cod turned up on the same trip which was good to see :D

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org