when will the mackerel be here

***Simon***

Ziggy?

A bit thin on the ground? According to our bass man they`re fighting to get at your hooks!!

He caught a dumper load the other day. But that was at abbotsbury. Guess you don`t know where that is. :D:D

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a blank day 2 weeks ago by boat in the dover area while fishing for mackeral.

we even done 12 drifts nr the admiralty and only saw 8 mackeral come up the wall but we never had a singlr=e fish.

a couple of my friends tried the admiralty at dover on tuesday just gone and they had 1 mackeral between them all we can do is sit and hope they will eventually arive before its too late !!

originally posted by spasor

quote:

Ziggy?

A bit thin on the ground? According to our bass man they`re fighting to get at your hooks!!

He caught a dumper load the other day. But that was at abbotsbury. Guess you don`t know where that is.

aar, other end of the beach for me :) we've had a few flocks of em go by, chasing whitebait, just not seen em in girt clumps this year yet

im with ziggy on this one i fish the ferrybridge end of chesil and mackerel are not as prolific this year.could the effects of trawling and over fishing beginning to show ?

ziggy the eel fair in ilch has some food made from eels i dont know whether they cook it or are the ingrediants.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

:D:D Right of Abbs car park has produced 300 plus so far!!! MOST at long range though - I suppose many people just dont reach the fish!
BassMan - The holder of Possibly Very Good Catches - Luv to fish from Yaks!!!!

They're definitely in where I live! :D

I had 19 in a little over 2 hours fishing (1 hour each day) near West Bay, Dorset. 2 or 3 full lines as well.

Most were joey's but had a good half a dozen for the table.

EVERYONE was catching the evening's I was there, even the grockles!!, so I guess they're either there in numbers or or they're not there at all ...

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...

Funny you should mention that.

I was out on Friday evening on a mates boat, there were four of us. We started off with small Coalfish and the odd Pollock, then we hit Mackerel so I put on a size 7 hook with a large fillet of fresh macky on. I didn't catch any more Mackerel. In fact I didn't catch anything at all after that (We were drifting). The others went on catching Mackerel until the fish box and a large tub were filled to the brim.

One thing I noticed was I could almost predict when they were going to get the Mackerel because I got lots of line knocks just as they were getting bites.

I enjoyed a nice relaxing evening and skippered the boat in while they gutted and entertained the Gulls and Bonxies (Skua's). All the proceeds were donated to old folk around the island (Apart from my dinner yesterday and a few for the bait freezer).

Whilst I have your attention Tiggs. Where is LEE? I keep on asking and get no answer!!!!! since he left Sam's place in Essex with a boat in a van!

Bob