Ultima F1

Elton

I found a spool of Ultima snood line that I used the other night and was amazingly impressed with it. It knotted well, had low memory and seemed pretty abrasion resistant.

I just typed Ultima into Ebay and came up with the Ultima F1 mainline, by the bucket load! Is it any good? It seems that some people are knocking it out very cheap, if you look through the listings (you can see a load of them by clicking here).

I've got Sufix tritanium on my new multipliers, and am more than happy with it, but will need something soon for my boat reels and my fixed spools.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I found a spool of Ultima snood line that I used the other night and was amazingly impressed with it. It knotted well, had low memory and seemed pretty abrasion resistant.

I just typed Ultima into Ebay and came up with the Ultima F1 mainline, by the bucket load! Is it any good? It seems that some people are knocking it out very cheap, if you look through the listings (you can see a load of them by clicking here).

I've got Sufix tritanium on my new multipliers, and am more than happy with it, but will need something soon for my boat reels and my fixed spools.

:lol: It's OK but they don't use it in sunny places because the UV makes it deteriorate very quickly, allegedly. Probably OK here provided you keep it in the shade when fishing. :lol:

Braid. You know it makes sense.

Yep, but only for F/S.

I have cast multies for distance for 50 years.

Why would anyone want to sacrifice £20 of braid in a birdie, when if you tune your reel and technique, .35mm mono will easily give you 150m with bait (in the right conditions).

My last krakov was in 1905!

Most of my beach fishing is in the 10 - 30m and 90 - 120m bands.

Most Monos are fine and cheap.

You need to pick out only supple or thin or stiff amongst them.

Braid is essential for a lot of boat uses and for light lure fishing with F/S and baitcasters.

Having taught and watched you boogers cast, I'd be wary of re-filling with braid every 10 casts!

(I guess I'm not a good teacher).

There's a story there .... I use an idiot-proof (user-friendly we say)Shimano Bantam Mag for teaching c/w a 12'-something Penn Ultra Light Beach and a 4oz ... do what you like to it!!

Unbreakable. manageable and can't snarl up on you.

One day I'll publish the 3 names (they know who they are!) out of 209 clients who have blown it up!

This guy, Graham, was great ... but came closest to breaking the poor old Penn stick.

I said that if he broke it, I'd give it to him as a prize (that's as generous as I get) -

castinggrahamsecond2-1.jpg

PS Graham was a natural and I'd have got him an agent if he'd been 19!

He'd not cast with a multiplier before!

;)

F1 is a good line, but as far as I can remember from a massive group test I did some 9 years ago, it has a huge amount of stretch in it, way more than other monos. It casts really well though.