This has to be the biggest load

i have no problem but the "carbon" bit as usual is misleading ,my car (just as any non injected computer controlled car is) most efficient at 56mph so less is less efficient as is more ,modern cars fare better but these silly 20mph zones certainly dont "save" anything bar lives so the "green" bit is pointless.

i have nothing against speed restriction dfitted to cars but i do have issues its good for the planet!!

it also doesnt need to be a satellite device a transmitter at every change in speed could do it just as easy buses already use this technology to to pinpoint where they are in towns so its possible.

its not ofcourse really about what it says its just the next step in the governments plot of total domination ,first its fitted if you want it to be then its mandatory ,not only will the gov know where you are but where youve been as well!! :angry: next step road pricing for all roads.

no need for it you speed deliberately ,all sat navs tell you the speed limit and camera zones anyway (even my bit of tat) so its your decision but perhaps speed is rated to highly in the figures speed doesnt kill anyone innapropriate speed does ,so while a 30mph limit is justified at a school in term time it has no relevance outside of it just as 70 has no relevance on a motorway at 2.30 in the morning but with this device you have relevance as well as choice taken away.

it also means if you cannot speed then plod can have cheaper cars ,less training and best of all you could be stopped dead meaning some community support tosser could catch you on foot :rolleyes:

forgot to tax your car mr satellite switches it off till you do ,whoops accidentally go down a 40mph pay zone and not own up ,your car switches off untill you stump up the extra,money not green is in the background as usual.

we dont have satellites that could do this yet so we'l pay those that do and just like hospital parking the suppliers will get far more than the owners and tax will make up the difference unless the fees for this technology are very high.

i can imagine a hasty trip to the hospital to take a dieing person there and your credit card is empty ,plink your engine goes dead because you cannot pay for the trip ,someone dies because of government greed just as they do if it wasnt implemented

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Its a complete numbskull idea, probably dreamt up by some tree-hugger with a vegetable for a brain.

Anyone with a couple of working synapses can imagine the chaos caused by a vehicle having its brakes applied automatically without the driver being able to do anything about it, sheer absolute madness and sadly indicative of todays britain, if this didn't appear in the daily mail it jolly well should have.

As for road pricing chesters, the good people of greater manchester have given HM Gov a bloody nose in that direction so it may take longer than you think to bring us into line.

What do you mean by the term 'hospital parking'?

is that where you can park your car within hiking distance of the poor bu@@ers you are visiting and/or when attending an appointment you have to arrive an hour earlier than time to get a half chance of parking at all and paying an extortionate fee for the privilege.

We now have a superbly complex machine designed to thwart OAP's and other less techno friendly folk. It makes sticking your coinage into a slot seem postively antiquated.

There is a keypad like an old phone keypad, the idea being that you enter your car reg numbers and letters and swap between alpha and numeric using one of several coloured buttons. the instructions are barely legible in daylight, at night in pouring rain its great fun. By the time you have it sussed you're into the next charge band... :huh:

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Of Course, like any other half blown, ill thought out idea put out by halfwits - it is TOTALLY unususable.

Do they think that it would save the planet? Mind you, it probably would, looking at the amount of accidents it would cause!

Imagine sitting behind a tractor doing 35mph on a 60mph country road, you get a chance to pass him on a straight piece of road and halfway through the manouvre the car brakes are put on automatically!!!

What Rubbish

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I suspect ideas like this are born from there being 'plenty of money about' ..... but there isn't ..... we're in a recession which I suspect will deepen ..... no money about so idea will founder or only get a modest take up ..... unless the current government decides to make it mandatory .... which with these people they might .......

Its a complete numbskull idea, probably dreamt up by some tree-hugger with a vegetable for a brain.

Anyone with a couple of working synapses can imagine the chaos caused by a vehicle having its brakes applied automatically without the driver being able to do anything about it, sheer absolute madness and sadly indicative of todays britain, if this didn't appear in the daily mail it jolly well should have.

As for road pricing chesters, the good people of greater manchester have given HM Gov a bloody nose in that direction so it may take longer than you think to bring us into line.

What do you mean by the term 'hospital parking'?

is that where you can park your car within hiking distance of the poor bu@@ers you are visiting and/or when attending an appointment you have to arrive an hour earlier than time to get a half chance of parking at all and paying an extortionate fee for the privilege.

We now have a superbly complex machine designed to thwart OAP's and other less techno friendly folk. It makes sticking your coinage into a slot seem postively antiquated.

There is a keypad like an old phone keypad, the idea being that you enter your car reg numbers and letters and swap between alpha and numeric using one of several coloured buttons. the instructions are barely legible in daylight, at night in pouring rain its great fun. By the time you have it sussed you're into the next charge band... :huh:

road pricing is a forgone conclusion ,forget what the people say it will come the difference being you wont be asked next time ;)

the north voted against a regional assembly but look at the gov regional maps you have it anyway :rolleyes:

the gov put it to the people but they dont have to do what the people want only the option of having the "consultation" is there it can be ignored if it doesnt meet the govs wishes

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Of Course, like any other half blown, ill thought out idea put out by halfwits - it is TOTALLY unususable.

Do they think that it would save the planet? Mind you, it probably would, looking at the amount of accidents it would cause!

Imagine sitting behind a tractor doing 35mph on a 60mph country road, you get a chance to pass him on a straight piece of road and halfway through the manouvre the car brakes are put on automatically!!!

What Rubbish

Blimey good point, the A12, north of Ipswich, is a scarey enough place already.

Tractors and Caravans all over it :o

1509tarpon_75_.gif

road pricing is a forgone conclusion ,forget what the people say it will come the difference being you wont be asked next time ;)

the north voted against a regional assembly but look at the gov regional maps you have it anyway :rolleyes:

the gov put it to the people but they dont have to do what the people want only the option of having the "consultation" is there it can be ignored if it doesnt meet the govs wishes

I hear what you say but I don't think any local authority is willing to stand up in the face of an overwhelming vote such as we had recently, they are far too keen to keep their seats in the town hall and their trotters in the trough. All ten authorities in GM rejected the proposals.

I don't quite understand your remark re; regional assembly, unless you mean the scottish and welsh, neither of which are doing badly with free uni education and free prescriptions respectively.

As for HM Gov ignoring the peoples vote... I think that would be a bad move on this issue, its the town halls which need to be onside to make it happen, even Lord Smith labour leader of wigan MBC and the chairman of the GM group proposing the charge realised he was on a loser, if the vote had been the other way it would have heralded a plethora of smaller schemes across the length and breadth of the country.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

the only ones likely to go for it are the ones who don't speed in the first place.

Do you mean those who don't break the law?

Applying brakes automatically might present a safety problem its true, perhaps a simpler solution would be the disqualification of those too self centered to stick to speed limits? 12 Months for a first offence, life for a second.

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Why make vehicles that run so fast in the first place?

It's a bit of a scatter-brained idea but , i can see something along those lines coming in , soon enough.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009