What was your first EVER fish?

Chris Plumb

What Species was your 1st EVER fish  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What was your first ever Coarse Fish?

• Barbel
    • Bleak
    • Bream
    • Carp
    • Crucian Carp
    • Catfish
    • Chub
    • Dace
    • Exotic - Grass Carp/Goldfish/Orfe/Pumpkinseed
    • Eel
    • Gudgeon
    • Mini - Bitterling/Bullhead/Minnow/Stickleback/Loach
    • Perch
    • Pike
    • Roach
    • Rudd
    • Ruffe
    • Silver Bream
    • Tench
    • Zander
  2. 2. What was your first EVER Game Fish?

• Arctic Charr
    • Brown Trout
    • Rainbow Trout
    • Sea Trout
    • Grayling
    • Salmon

Really hope as many of you partake of this poll as possible - just a little something I'm working on at the moment! What I'm looking for is the first species you ever caught singlehanded with a hook and line. So no netted stoneloaches, no 20lb carp that you caught when you were three - but your dad baited your hook, cast out for you, played the fish then handed you the rod! Just a first capture that was entirely down to you!

Hope I've covered every species - I'm doing game and coarse as I can only do 20 choices - though its really coarse I'm interested in - if your first EVER fish was from the game list perhaps you could reply as such in this thread.

Also if your choice was from the exotic or mini categories - please add which in the thread.

Many thanks.

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi...

My first fish was a small Carassius carassius from a little pond. It was long ago. It was a really good time...

...i dlatego przyszedłem do was uzbrojony w złudzenia kompetencji, w które tak wielu z was się uzbraja... m.a.d.button...

Chris, I have put Carp as my very first fish, but am not sure whether it was a common or crucian. All I remember is that it was about 6/7" long and brown :) and caught using the "billiard cue rod" my Dad got for me.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Wont let me vote either

I think you need to click something in both coarse and game sections to vote, might be a problem for some.

Rudd & Brownie for me.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I had to answer exotic but it wasn't. Sunfish such as bluegills, pumpkinseed, and the rest of that prolific family (called bream) are the most commonly caught fish over here and are classed as game fish since our classification rules are very different than yours. I imagine most young anglers in the US South (and possibly elsewhere) caught a bream as their first hook & line fish.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President