New Years Honours list

wotnobivvy

At risk of being controversial, I would like to see honours given to those who promote conservation in angling.

Apart from the very well deserved awards in recent years to Fred J Taylor and Les Webber, year on year all the clamour for awards in angling seem to be for matchmen, and if I recall, Bob Nudd and Allan Scotthorne have already been honoured. Rightly so, if there is any consistency in sporting awards, but knighthoods? A bit like overkill IMO.

What I do take umbrage at is a civil servant in the Treasury being awarded after the damage to the economy inflicted upon it by his department.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan, whats controversial about that? I think its a great idea!!!!

Andy, thats the great thing about this site we can have totally different points of view and discuss them, forcefully if needed and at the end of the day we can always agree to disagree. Its wonderfull :D freedom of speech. I just think that anglers like Bob and Allan (and several others) dont get the recognition they and angling deserve.

The other love of my life (sporting that is) is crown green bowling. How many famous bowlers can you name? I'm not sure even I can name any! Never have I heard of a CG bowler getting an award :angry:

At the risk of sounding stupid(and I probably am) what does IMO and IMHO mean?

Edited by IanBass

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!

Back in the dawn of internet time they used to be called TLAs, or 'three letter acronyms', but as they are usually neither (unless one speaks in some foreign tongue), then they are more correctly just called initialisations and not abbreviations as per the link to wikipedia (aka the world according to the US).

:rolleyes:

Edited by Angly

Geoff

If angling wants anglers to be awarded in the honors list then we need to make more nominations. The awards are only given if there are members nominated and a case put forward. if we are serious about having more awards for Angling then we the members of this site should decide who is worthy and nominate them, 15 nominations is the normal amount needed for one individual' for the nomination to be considered., sport gets on average 250 -300 nominations per year, so the odds are quite good. The sports minister said on radio yesterday that they are encouraging more nominations for people involved in grass roots of a sport (for example amateur team managers or chairpersons of football clubs who have dedicated there life to encouraging football)

They want more unseen sporting heroes as opposed to the superstars that are in the public eye.

Any suggestions or nominations?

We could have some nomination on the site vote and then make an official application.

Beats moaning about the lack of awards our sport gets.

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

If angling wants anglers to be awarded in the honors list then we need to make more nominations. The awards are only given if there are members nominated and a case put forward. if we are serious about having more awards for Angling then we the members of this site should decide who is worthy and nominate them, 15 nominations is the normal amount needed for one individual' for the nomination to be considered., sport gets on average 250 -300 nominations per year, so the odds are quite good. The sports minister said on radio yesterday that they are encouraging more nominations for people involved in grass roots of a sport (for example amateur team managers or chairpersons of football clubs who have dedicated there life to encouraging football)

They want more unseen sporting heroes as opposed to the superstars that are in the public eye.

Any suggestions or nominations?

We could have some nomination on the site vote and then make an official application.

Beats moaning about the lack of awards our sport gets.

Lets do it!

Lets do it!

This years fishy awards went to:

http://www.fishupdate.com/news/fullstory.p...ear_Honour.html

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Kieth Arthur did mention on New Years Day that a lady involved with Fly fishing did get an award for services to.....I do appologisise I didnt catch her name but I beleive she does an awfull lot to get other ladies involved in fishing