radical plan for improving sea fish stocks

john frum

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

charter boats would arise where there are none just now, the business would surely see a major benefit. and yes, the above comment is right, they wont fish them out, they will just fish them! On a boat of 12 anglers, even if one guy wants secretly to keep everything he catches, he simply wont because there will be 11 other pairs of eyes, of his peers, who disapprove and wont agree with it.

maidstonemike:

Only problem with reefs, charter boats fish them out.

Nope, the more marks a boat has the less they fish each one. They say that 20% of the ocean holds 80% of the fish and vice versa, if we increase that 20% by adding atificial reefs then things can only get better.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Last I heard on tyres there was concern about phenols leaching into the water, investigations were started but I haven't heard what the outcome was.

If the phenols are a problem, what happens to all of the rubber from tyres that is deposited on the roads, and then washes down the drains into the rivers and sea