Anyone Irish out there so I can speak to normal people

Al White

So Al what type of fishing do you prefer and where do you fish. Being serious for a moment,this lot can and will give you loads of valuable fishing info if you ask them nicely!

Tight lines Al

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear on my kids life that this is absolutely true: Whilst working as a salesman in the eighties, I had just come down the stairs to the delivery area where a young Irish lad was compacting the cardboard waste from the shop area above. There were two lifts, whereby they sent him the waste cardboard. When he saw me he asked; "Is the rubbish in the lift?" I said "Yes it is" He pointed to the lift on the right and asked "Is it in this one?" I said "No" Then he pointed to the lift on the left and asked "Is it in this one??"

Enfield North London

My wife is Irish - and that's normal??

You've got to laugh (Haven't you?)

Q: Why aren't the England football team allowed to own a dog?

A: Because they can't hold on to a lead.

Q: What's the difference between the England team and a tea-bag?

A: The tea-bag stays in the cup longer.

Oxo were going to bring out a Euro 2004 Commemorative cube painted

red,white and blue in honour of the England squad. But it was a laughing

stock and crumbled in the box.

Q: Why do English make better lovers than Portuguese?

A: Because English are the only one's who can stay on top for 45 Minutes and

still come second!

Q: What is common between a 3 pin plug and the England football team?

A: They are both useless in Europe!

Q: What's the difference between O J Simpson and England?

A: OJ Simpson had a more credible defence

Rumours that David Beckham was seen successfully seducing a young woman in a

Spanish nightclub with a one-liner have been completely refuted by the

English FA. Adam Crozier, chief publicity officer stated: "I find it totally

preposterous to suggest that one of our players could make a successful pass

to, or at, anyone."

Q. What's the difference between the English and a jet engine?

A. A jet engine eventually stops whining.

Tight Lines,

Wearyone

Welcome Al

After reading all that .... stuff above ahhmmmmm ..

The answer to your question above is yes there are a number of us Irish on here,

it down to you if you want to call us normal (I am from Limerick (so be careful)).

I got to give credit where credit is due not all the Brits are boring (It's just the English on here and that's just post EURO CUP blues) .....

Where are you from?

Where and what do you fish?

Oh bye the way Kieran, I like the Kilkenny joke ....

Hi Al, 10

If you are based around Kinsale and Court you should be fishing for far more than mackerel!

10.. I was wondering if there was anyone with a sense of GAA humour - I suppose I can't except a corkman to enjoy his hurling at the moment!!!

Cheers

Kieran Hanrahan

Catch this release... www.sea-angling-ireland.org

Sorry Al & Kieran for the late reply.

I may be down that way in a few weeks, could be in Skibbereen on the Aug bank holiday weekend, where should I fish from the rocks to get a few mackerel (don't want to have to travel far)

Kieran, your not from Waterford are you?

Hi 10

No, not from Waterford, from Dublin living in Mayo... do a lot of fishing in Waterford in the autumn - coincides with work, shame it doesn't with the bass! They're pulling a specimen out every night practically at the moment - let's just hope they're putting them back!!! A mate's brother (an expert angler) had six fish in four hours last Sunday morning from 1.5 lbs to 11.5 lbs and that's not a misprint!

Around Skibbereen for mackerel (you sad git!) well, any rock mark or pier that gives access to deeper water near dusk and you have it nailed.

Off the top of my head...

Trafraska, a bastardisation of the original irish name, it is actually a set of rock platforms next to a beach. Take the R595 to Baltimore (you could try the pier and rocks nearby there on high water) and head off further down the headland - ask the locals it is not far. Alternatively you can spin into Lough Hyne which holds smmish shoaling pollack, gurnard on the bottom, mackerel, garfish and other wonders in the summer. If you have never fished there, GO, as you will not believe your eyes. Fish near the "outflow" channel, either the east or western side. Roads are awful but what's new!

Alternatively a little bit east there is the village of Galandore/ Union Hall - magic spot and you can pick up mackerel at high water off the pier and retire to one of the hostelries...

There are other marks around Toe Head (Horse Island) etc. but they are difficult to walk around and if it is only mackerel you're after...

Union Hall and Glandore is a lovely place - the danger is it is very difficult to summon up the energy on a fine day to actually do any fishing... I once spent a weekend there and never got to fish and didn't mind it at all :-)

Noth of Skib, head out towards Schull. Look there is a load of marks listed on the sea-angling-ireland.org (SAI) website. As it happens I will be fishing some Cork marks next week, but round Kinsale (more expensive and less fish)!

Why not try the forums on the SAI website - some good anglers there including contributors to Irish Angler magazine?

Cheers

[ 06. July 2004, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Kieran Hanrahan ]

Kieran Hanrahan

Catch this release... www.sea-angling-ireland.org

Thanks for that, Clare is my normal hunting ground put the family should be camping the bank holiday in west Cork and so I am expecting to get a little fishing in to provide for the barbeque.

Sent some camping in Glandore some years back and had some good fishing, so I will looking out for the places you have mentioned above.